TPO32 Quacker s sound by Russians

TPO32- Quacker's sound by Russians

The article and the lecture both discuss a sound phenomenon named quackers which was detected by Russian submarines. While the reading brings some theories about this strange sound, the listening refutes this, saying that this sound is strange and caused debated among experts, but these reasons are not acceptable.
First, the author claims that this sound may belong to orcas, which live in the ocean, especially males. However, the speaker argues that orca's sound is a possible answer because they live in that specific area generally, but the probability of being orca's sound is low. Furthermore, she mentions that orcas live near the ocean's surface while the Russian sonar system was in deep, so it is implausible for detectors to catch their voices.
According to the writer, the giant squid is another assumption. The professor in the listening is doubtful that is accurate. She points out that their sound was first detected in 1960 by Russian's and their sound disappeared in 1980, so there is no reason for them to stop making sound, suddenly start it.
Finally, the reading passage argues that some military technologies can cause odd sounds too. However, the lecturer dismisses this issue since the sound was changing its direction and military machines could not change direction. Besides, the sound was moving fast, and submarines had a slow pace. Another reason that she emphasized was that submarine engines make a loud sound, so Russians could identify them immediately.