tpo38 task1

tpo38 task1

Based on reading and listening, the text mentions how to protect the forest from a fungus called p.ramorum. The listening refutes the idea for different issues.
First of all, the writer states that p.ramorum could stop the spreading to be a more effective strategy, such as cleaning shoes and bicycles. In contrast, the writer believes p.ramorum not even spread by humans but can also transfer with rain and water, which is difficult to control.
Secondly, the author claims that there are a few fungicidal chemicals that can protect oak trees. However, the professor believes that this solution is good for few trees in parks, not for forests with huge trees, and it is very difficult to inject all trees in forests one by one; it is impossible and expensive, especially when they want to use it in some period.
Lastly, the reading argues that we can cut and burn these infected trees, but the lectures believe that in this process many healthy trees will be injured which is harmful to them that's why she doesn't accept this method, for example, there is a specific tree in west America which if destroy it is difficult to get it back. That's why she doesn't agree with this method too.