TPO47 Pterosaurs were an ancient group of winged reptiles that lived alongside the dinosaurs Many pterosaurs were very large some as large as a giraffe and with a wingspan of over 12 meters Paleontologists have long wondered whether large pterosaurs we

The reading passage and the lecture have a discussion about pterosaurs. The author mentions three theories. On the contrary, the professor considers none of them were correct with certainty.
First, the reading suggests that pterosaurs were cold-blooded animals so they may lack energy. However, the opinion has been opposed by lecturer with new proof. The professor says pterosaurs have been demonstrated with hair on the surface which means they were warm-blooded. This is why the opinion in the reading is been challenged heavily.
Moreover, the author claims that pterosaurs' weight limits their ability to fly. On the other hand, the professor states that pterosaur's bones were hollow so the weight is not a problem, which differs from the reading as well.
Finally, the reading passage mentions that pterosaurs taking off from the ground is an issue, while the professor in the listening material maintains that pterosaurs utilize all four legs instate of two such as birds. In this way, give them more strength to take off and action like bats. Thus, the reading passage has been refuted again.
Therefore, the speaker departs totally from the opinions on the topic made in the reading.