Essay topics: The only effective way to deal with unemployment is to introduce rapid urbanization. How far do you agree to this statement?
Unemployment is the major step-back any nation is facing currently as the number of graduates are increasing but jobs are not. In such a scenario rapid urbanization can provide the youth with a job to survive, but in order for an effective outcome multiple factors need to be taken into consideration. I do agree that rapid urbanization can change the status quo in a certain way.
It is true that moving into cities can help possibly provide job to a person as there are more jobs available when compared with a rural areas. There are more companies and organizations available in a closed quarters making it easier to search for jobs. Moreover cities have better amenities to help a person do what they need like, availability of internet connections which helps the needy to get and work an online job in this current booming age of technology.
The main question that we still need to be asking ourselves is that at what cost are we creating these jobs. Rapid urbanization comes with a lot of challenges with it like reducing farms and increasing pollution. Urbanization can also change the lifestyle and the way a person lives wherein they might be so involved in themselves that they might forget to socialize and interact with others. The lust for money can also increase the competition and force people to opt for unethical means to pull down their peer to step over them resulting in chaos.
Unemployment is an increasing concern for any nation but urbanization does its part in helping resolve the issue. A better approach to achieve better results in curbing this worldwide calamity would be to understand the reason for increasing unemployment and finding solution to the same, because we live a world where there is something for everyone to be a part of only issue is many are not aware of these chances.
- Food travels thousands of miles farm to consumers. Some people believe weshould buy food from local farmers to protect the environment and supportlocal business and do the advantage of this out by the dis-advantage. (77)
- Some people think it would be a good idea for schools to teach every young person how to be a good parent.Do you agree or disagree with this opinion? Describe the skills a person needs to be a good parent.Give reasons for your answer and include any relev (67)
- You and your family are living in rented accommodation in an English speaking country. You are not satisfied with the condition of some of the furniture.Write a letter to your landlord. In your letterintroduce yourselfexplain what is wrong with the furnit (73)
- In some countries young people are encouraged to work or travel for a year between finishinghigh school and starting university studies. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages for youngpeople who decide to do this. (55)
- More and more young children have mobile phone. Some people say it is a good thing forthem, while others say it is bad thing. What is your opinion? (67)
- Today more and more tourists are visiting places where conditions are difficult such as the saharadesert or the Antartic. What are the benefits and dis advantages for tourists who visit such places? (61)
- The government's investment in arts, music and theatre is a waste of money. Governments should invest thesefunds in public services instead.To what extent do you agree with this statement? (56)
- The diagram below shows nitrogen sources and concentration levels in the groundwater of a coastal city. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features. (61)
- The graph below shows the number of university graduates in Canada from 1992 to 2007. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant. (67)
- Many people associate money with happiness and think that the more money one has, the happier they should be. Do you agree with this statement? Give relevant examples from your own experience. (78)