Essay topics: Tobacco mainly in form of cigarettes is one of the most-widely used drugs in the world. Over a billion of adults legally smoke tobacco every day. The long term health costs are high- for smokers themselves, and for the wider community in terms of health care costs and lost productivity.
Do governments have a legitimate role to legislate, to protect from the harmful effects of their own decisions to smoke, or are such decisions up to the individual?
Despite of all the harmful effect of tobacco, it is legal in almost all the countries of the world. Although almost millions of people are chain smokers yet it is not being banned. The cigarette has an adverse impact on the health of the people.
It causes various deadly diseases like cancer, heart diseases, asthma, lung infection, etc.
The teenagers under peer pressure start drinking cigarette. At that time they are not sensible enough to understand that it will harm their body in the long run. With the passage of time, they start becoming addicted to it and they are not able to leave it even if they want to. Many people start drinking cigarette just to show off and later they regret. Many people take it just for fun and entertainment and they forget that they themselves are damaging their body.
Governments should take proper measures to stop people becoming addicted to it. This can only be done by the government. They should impose a heavy tax on these drugs so that fewer people could afford it. The people under 21 should not be allowed to take these deadly things. Moreover, people in rural areas should be made well aware of the harmful effects of these drugs by organizing various programs. Students should also be taught and frequently checked so that they do not dissuade from their path as it will greatly affect their career. After few years it should be banned.
People today are not ready to understand that their life has a great value for their family and friends. By the time they understand it becomes too late. So, it is the duty of the government to take strict measures.People should also understand that life is very precious and once gone can never be gained back.So, they should value it and take care of themselves.
- Large shopping malls are replacing small shops. Your opinion- good or bad (55)
- Tobacco mainly in form of cigarettes is one of the most-widely used drugs in the world. Over a billion of adults legally smoke tobacco every day. The long term health costs are high- for smokers themselves, and for the wider community in terms of health c (11)
- Team sports are generally promoted as a great way to keep fit and build character.However, sporting events such as soccer matches are often accompanied by violence between rival supporters and other forms of antisocial behavior.If sporting events antisoci (55)
- 7.Tobacco, mainly in form of cigarettes, is one of the most-widely used drugs in the world. Over a billion adults legally smoke tobacco every day. The long term health costs are high - for smokers themselves, and for the wider community in terms of health (62)
- Large shopping malls are replacing small shops.What is your opinion about this? Discuss with appropriate examples. (56)
- In education system,assessment through written formal examinations is valid or not? (56)
- Successfull sports stars and glamourous film stars are a role model for youngsters.Do you you support it or not? (73)
- The environment we are living in is in danger due to various problems…so who do u think should be responsible to solve it? Is it the governments, organisation or each individuals? (73)
- Nowadays TV has become an essential part of life. Medium to spread news & awareness and for some it acts like a companion. What is your opinion about this? (65.66670000000001)
- Many people think region affect successful persons. What is your opinion (56)