Essay topics: 7. Tobacco, mainly in form of cigarettes, is one of the most-widely used drugs in the world. Over a billion adults legally smoke tobacco every day. The long term health costs are high - for smokers themselves, and for the wider community in terms of health care costs and lost productivity.
Do governments have a legitimate role to legislate, to protect citizens from the harmful effects of their own decisions to smoke, or are such decisions up to the individual?
Despite many harmful effects smoking is legal in many countries across the world. Over than billion of people smoke cigarettes in world which cause immense health issues like cancer, asthma, cough and many lungs and heart-related diseases.
Most of the people start smoking in college due to pressure of peers which become addiction in long term. Other group of people say life is once and they want to enjoy their life at fullest and many blame destiny for whatever happening in their life. Due to aforementioned reasons i think Government should intervene to enforce such people to stop smoking. On other hand there are large number of smokers who are unaware of adverse of smoking and gave up smoking later on when they understand consequences of smoking.
In many developed and developing countries, Government legislated and enforced people to stop smoking by increasing prices and levying higher taxes on the tobacco products. Further, Government legislated 21 year as age for smoking in many countries. Adults are best to understand good and bad about themselves but Government should run campaigns to make people aware about effects of smoking.
- Large shopping malls are replacing small shops. Your opinion- good or bad (55)
- Tobacco mainly in form of cigarettes is one of the most-widely used drugs in the world. Over a billion of adults legally smoke tobacco every day. The long term health costs are high- for smokers themselves, and for the wider community in terms of health c (11)
- Team sports are generally promoted as a great way to keep fit and build character.However, sporting events such as soccer matches are often accompanied by violence between rival supporters and other forms of antisocial behavior.If sporting events antisoci (55)
- 7.Tobacco, mainly in form of cigarettes, is one of the most-widely used drugs in the world. Over a billion adults legally smoke tobacco every day. The long term health costs are high - for smokers themselves, and for the wider community in terms of health (62)
- Large shopping malls are replacing small shops.What is your opinion about this? Discuss with appropriate examples. (56)
- In education system,assessment through written formal examinations is valid or not? (56)
- Successfull sports stars and glamourous film stars are a role model for youngsters.Do you you support it or not? (73)
- The environment we are living in is in danger due to various problems…so who do u think should be responsible to solve it? Is it the governments, organisation or each individuals? (73)
- Nowadays TV has become an essential part of life. Medium to spread news & awareness and for some it acts like a companion. What is your opinion about this? (65.6667)
- Many people think region affect successful persons. What is your opinion (56)