Essay topics: Is it better to be underrated by people then to be overrated by them?
In my opinion, being underrated or overrated are both not the good thing. But if we compare both, it is highly unlikely for someone to improve himself after being overrated by others. However, if someone is underrated by others, there might be some possibility, that the person will try to improve himself.
Let me take the example from my personal life experience. When I was in my 9th grade, my school organized an open interschool singing competition. By open I mean that anybody can participate in that. That time I was not really in singing field, but my friends tried to prank me, and told me that I sound great, and I must participate in that competition. As they said so, I did not even bother to hear my sound by recording it and listen it by myself. On the day of competition, after I finished my singing, not only I was told that I sound worst also I was underestimated and told that I am not the singing stuff.
After that incident, I felt like underrated as, although my singing was worst in all contestant, it do not mean that I cannot sing. So, I decided to take singing classes. In my 10th grade I again participated in that competition. For mine as well as everyone else’s amusement, that time I won the competition, and also judges showed regret for what they said earlier.
lets take another example of famous person I admire the most. He was fired from a newspaper for "lacking imagination" and having "no original ideas", he was underestimated by the company or we can say he was "underrated" by them. Who was he? he was the creator of the children's favorite character "Micky Mouse". He was Walt Disney, winner of 22 academy awards.
So formerly I was overrated by my friends that I sound great and did not ask for others opinions, I did not even rehears for that competition. But lately I was underrated by judges that I cannot sing, so I tried to improve myself and prove them wrong. Result of that, I won. Mr. Disney was underrated by others by saying that he lacks of ideas, and comes up with such a great future. So to my naïve understanding, and my own experience, I think that it’s better to be underrated by people then to be overrated by them, because after being underrated, there are good chances that a person will try to ameliorate his life .
- Some young adults want independence from their parents as soon as possible, other want to live along their parents as long as they can. Discuss what will you choose (70)
- People do many things to stay healthy. What do you do for good health? (86.66670000000001)
- Parents are the best teacher. Agree or disagree (50)
- Is it better to be underrated by people then to be overrated by them? (58.75)
- Internet rules the lives and means of people these days. It caters to good and evil alike. Seemingly it is the largest media of communication. Discuss (76.66670000000001)
- “Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persis (68.1818)
- A colleague of the great scientist James Watson remarked that Watson was always “lounging around, arguing about problems instead of doing experiments.” He concluded that “There is more than one way of doing good science.” It was Watson’s form of idleness, (83.33329999999999)
- “Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persis (47.5)
- “Life without memory is no life at all, just as intelligence without the possibility of expression is not really intelligence. Our memory is a coherence, our reason, our feeling, even our action. Without it, we are nothing.” – Buñuel“Many a man fails to b (57.1429)
- In the age of television, reading books is not as important as it once was. People can learn as much by watching television as they can by reading books.Agree or disagreeIn developing and supporting your position, describe specific circumstances in which (73.33329999999999)