Your professor is teaching a class on political science Write a post responding to the professor s question In your response you should express and support your personal opinion make a contribution to the discussion in your own words An effective response

In my opinion, economic development is more important at least at this stage of human history. I strongly agree with Maggie's point that economic growth can solve lots of problems that we face today. I would add that with the strong economy a country can fund various scientific or vital fields, which in turn can create a system or advanced technology that not only solve our ordinary life problems, but eventually environmental problems. With current technology of ours, we cannot do much environment exception of having options to abandon everything and return to the stage age lifestyle. But pushing forward economy, indirectly saves the planet eventually due to the cause I mentioned above.
Alex raised the relevant point that environment is important and without it, we will face dire consequences, but he missed the point that mostly developed countries with strong economy is funding and trying to save the environment these days, not poor countries with good nature because lots of poor countries are actually damaging their countries for mining or destroying them for a profit.
Overall though, I think we should focus more on economical growth temporarily for now until science advance further in future.