Do you agree or disagree with the following statement Parents should not allow their children to watch TV

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Parents should not allow their children to watch TV.

Nowadays, TV plays an important role in people’s life as a vehicle of entertainment, information and questionable programs as well. Some people argues that parents should not allow their children to watch TV because children do not learn anything good from watching TV and children who spend a lot of time watching TV tend to have bad grades at school. From my point of view, TV is a useful tool for children learning process. Watching TV can help children to improve their grades at school and children can even learn a new language by watching TV.

To begin with, TV is a useful tool for children to learn a new language and to get to know other cultures and expand their knowledge as well. Nowadays, with the development of new technologies on the field of telecommunication such as cable TV and dish antenna, people are able to get TV programs broadcasted in other countries. For example, even though I have Chinese ancestors and we used to speak a very basic Chinese at home. By watching Chinese soap operas I am able to improve my Chinese by learning new words, new expressions and the right intonation in pronouncing certain words. Therefore, after a while my spoken Chinese has improved a lot. In addition, watching Chinese soap operas also taught me a lot about my ancestor’s culture in all aspects. Therefore, I’ve got to know the way how people were dressed up according to the dynasty that the movie or the soap opera were broadcasting, their habits and the way how people celebrate some important dates such as a traditional wedding or even a funeral.

Moreover, watching TV is also a good way for children to improve their grades at school and broaden their minds as well by getting to know what is going on in other part of the world. For example, by watching educative channels such as Discovery Channel, children will have a better understanding about wildlife, biodiversity and the food chain as well. Even though, children are able to learn about nature from their text books, watching TV is more enjoyable than memorizing the concepts from their text books because they are able to visualize the facts from their TV screen. In addition, watching TV is a good way for children to be aware of other people’s struggles such as famine and diseases in Africa and this way they will not take for granted the opportunity that they have.

To sum up, in my opinion, watching TV is part of people’s daily life for entertaining and being aware of the most current news. Depending on the program selection and the amount of time that parents allow their children to be in front of their TV screen, watching TV can be a useful learning tool for children to master a new language, to achieve good grades at school and to aware of how privileged they are compared to other children on the other side of the world.

Sentence: Some people argues that parents should not allow their children to watch TV because children do not learn anything good from watching TV and children who spend a lot of time watching TV tend to have bad grades at school.
Description: The fragment people argues that is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace argues with verb, base: uninflected present, imperative or infinitive

Need to remove repetitive words and sentences.

Don't need to list reasons in the introduction paragraph.