*Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Younger school children (aged
five to ten) should be required to study art and music in addition to math, language,
science and history.
Some, maintaining the viewpoint that children should concentrate on certain subjects required by the examination, claim that subjects like art and music is not as significant as the math or science. I concede their opinion. Nevertheless, children, who are born in 21 century, a time when the science and society is fully developed, are supposed to command more abilities than what are required in the school, considering versatile people are more welcome by the competitive society.
It is always the top of my list of my reasons for this opinion that a well-rounded child is in the position to gro...
Subscribe as testbig VIP readers and get unlimited access to essays on the top list.
- Should the government support artists or should artists support themselves? 93
- People who have developed many different kinds of skills are more successful than people who focus on only one skill. 55
- The extended family (such as grandparents, cousins, aunt, and uncles) is less important now than it was in the past. 90
- Schools (universities, colleges and high schools) should teach students about specific careers and jobs instead of general subjects. 95
- *Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? In order to succeed, you should be more like others than be different from everyone else. 70
Sentence: What's more , the top students of my major, who obtains the scholarship every year, tells me that her mother help her finds the interest of music and she fell in love with the piano at the age of 6.
Description: The fragment mother help her is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace help with verb, past tense
No. of Words: 543 350 (write the essay in half an hour)
Don't put a space before punctuation marks.
Always put a space after punctuation marks. E-rater is sensitive.
Attribute Value Ideal
Score: 27 in 30
Category: Excellent Excellent
No. of Grammatical Errors: 1 2
No. of Spelling Errors: 0 2
No. of Sentences: 22 15
No. of Words: 543 350
No. of Characters: 2450 1500
No. of Different Words: 265 200
Fourth Root of Number of Words: 4.827 4.7
Average Word Length: 4.512 4.6
Word Length SD: 2.47 2.4
No. of Words greater than 5 chars: 152 100
No. of Words greater than 6 chars: 123 80
No. of Words greater than 7 chars: 79 40
No. of Words greater than 8 chars: 40 20
Use of Passive Voice (%): 0 0
Avg. Sentence Length: 24.682 21.0
Sentence Length SD: 10.67 7.5
Use of Discourse Markers (%): 0.5 0.12
Sentence-Text Coherence: 0.281 0.35
Sentence-Para Coherence: 0.48 0.50
Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.157 0.07
Number of Paragraphs: 5 5