INtegrated essay in toefl quick prep "About Chevalier de seingalt's memoir"

Reading states that long memoir written by Chevalier de Seingalt is not accurate. Reading explains the doubts raised by some critics. They claim that he introduced many events that were not really happened in his life. But the professor in the lecture cast doubt on the reading.

First of all, lecture explains tat he borrowed money from a swiss merchant, it’s true but it does not mean that he is poor. He spent all his money on parties and gambling but he is wealthy, so he sell his asserts to get money. But it is not possible to gain money fast by selling his property, so he is waiting for the money. Meanwhile, he took the loan from the merchant. It strongly opposes the reading, which states that he was not wealthy man, as he borrowed money from merchant.

Lecture explains that Chevalier met the famous writer Voltaire and from that time each night he used to recall regularly, what conversation happened between them. So he remembered every phrase and everything about the conversation. It contradicts the assertion in reading which states that he didn’t remembered the conversation but just blindly put the phrases of his own.

Next professor argues that rather than Chevalier, other prisoners also has more friendship with politicians, but they did not bribed free. Only Chevalier’s jailors were bribed to free him. In government documents, it is there that he only escaped from prison by using a piece of metal to make hole in the ceiling. Later the room was repaired. This cast doubt on the reading which states that he had political friends, who helped him to come out from the prison.

Sentence: He spent all his money on parties and gambling but he is wealthy, so he sell his asserts to get money.
Description: The fragment he sell his is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace sell with verb, past tense