Integrated writing.

Integrated writing.

The passage is describing the psychology and explaining its field of concern. The lecturer makes some claims that are opposite to the passage in three main parts.

First, in the reading passage, psychology is described as a natural science that deals with Psychological and sensory aspects of human behaviors. However, the lecturer claims that psychology is rather a social science. It studies the relations ship between human mind and his social behavior. It has three main aspects, biological, psychological, and social, and explains how people perceive social phenomena and react to them as well as understanding other people and interact with them.

The second issue in lecture which is in contrast to the passage is that psychology is a subjective science not an objective one. However, psychologist can draw objective conclusions out of subjective interpretation of mental processes. Thus, it provides both qualitative and quantitative measures.

Third, the lecturer refutes the point in passage that subdivisions of psychology are primarily based on biology of behavior and mental conditions. She believes that psychology subclasses are basically social. While, in one hand, it is concerned with the organization and social interpretation of psychological processes, on the other hand, it deals with cognition and development of human behaviors, and the social application of them. Moreover, she believes that it is an integration between natural and social sciences.