Some people prefer to live in a small town. Others prefer to live in a big city. Which place would you prefer to live in? Use specific reasons and details to support your answer.
Some people prefer to live in small towns because they believe that these small places are peaceful and livable according to big cities. On the contrary, others believe that big cities provides a lot of oppurtinities such as better jobs, variety of social activities. After some serious considerations, though it has some disadvantages, living in a big citiy is more advisable for me. There are three conspicuous aspects as follows.
First of all, Big cities offer variety of job experiences to the individuals. Because many head firm of institutional companies are located in big cities. These companies offer much better services to its workers, better salary, insurance than most of the companies in small towns. There are a lot of job experiences to pursue. You do have higher chance to get higher salaries than the ones in countryside.
Another reason for my attitude is, Big cities offers variety of social activities. People can take parts in variety of events. Such as music concerts,theatres, playhouses. Many of the famous festivals are being hold in big cities, so these activities are easily accessible for the local people, which are very rare in countryside. There are much more cafes, pubs and other places which the people in this city can interact with each other.
Last but not least, Big cities offer variety of education options. Many of the well known schools are established in big cities. when people from countryside want to attend these schools, they will have pay much more than the people in big city. Because they’ll have to pay for dormitory or hire flats.
From what I’ve discussed, it would be wiser to live in big cities since they offer a lot of better options on many aspects than the countryside has.
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Parents are the best teachers. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer 69
- People attend college or university for many different reasons (for example, new experiences,career preparation, increased knowledge). Why do you think people attend college or university? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. 90
- Nowadays, food has become easier to prepare. Has this change improved the way people live? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. 73
- A person you know is planning to move to your town or city.what do you think this person would like and dislike about living in your town and city ? Why ? Use specific reasons and details to support your explanation. 80
- Some movies are serious, designed to make the audience think. Other movies are designedprimarily to amuse and entertain. Which type of movie do you prefer? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. 77
Sentence: On the contrary, others believe that big cities provides a lot of oppurtinities such as better jobs, variety of social activities.
Error: oppurtinities Suggestion: opportunities
Sentence: After some serious considerations, though it has some disadvantages, living in a big citiy is more advisable for me.
Error: citiy Suggestion: city
No. of Words: 295 350
More words, more marks.
You have the potential to get 27 or over in real TOEFL exam if you put more words.
Attribute Value Ideal
Score: 24 in 30
Category: Good Excellent
No. of Grammatical Errors: 0 2
No. of Spelling Errors: 2 2
No. of Sentences: 18 15
No. of Words: 295 350
No. of Characters: 1407 1500
No. of Different Words: 154 200
Fourth Root of Number of Words: 4.144 4.7
Average Word Length: 4.769 4.6
Word Length SD: 2.513 2.4
No. of Words greater than 5 chars: 97 100
No. of Words greater than 6 chars: 59 80
No. of Words greater than 7 chars: 37 40
No. of Words greater than 8 chars: 28 20
Use of Passive Voice (%): 0 0
Avg. Sentence Length: 16.389 21.0
Sentence Length SD: 7.602 7.5
Use of Discourse Markers (%): 0.333 0.12
Sentence-Text Coherence: 0.334 0.35
Sentence-Para Coherence: 0.536 0.50
Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.061 0.07
Number of Paragraphs: 5 5
I can type more words but it I am trying not to exceed the 20 minutes limit. Thank you very much for your support.