Some people prefer to live in a small town Others prefer to live in a big city Which place would you prefer to live in Use specific reasons and details to support your answer

Some people prefer to live in a small town. Others prefer to live in a big city. Which place would you prefer to live in? Use specific reasons and details to support your answer.

As an adult one of the most important questions is where you want to live. Some prefer to live in quiet neighborhoods others would rather like to live in lively areas. At the end it is up to you whether you would like to live in a small town or in a big city. I would always prefer to live in big city and would like to discuss the differences in this essay.

One of the reasons why I would prefer to live in a metropolis is that it is livelier and that in general there are more possibilities to do something. In a big city, there are a lot of bars, restaurants, theaters or night clubs. As I am very social person and always want to spend my time with friends, a big city offers me much more places to go to. Small towns or villages do not offer the same quantity of leisure activities.

Another point to live in big city is that there are normally a lot more job opportunities than in small towns and that they are also better paid. Most of the big companies have their headquarters in big and attractive cities as they want to attract employees and impress clients. Of course there are a few companies that have their headquarters in small cities to save costs. But for example banks, insurances or car manufacturer are based in big cities. I do not want to drive more than 30 minutes to work and that is why I would always choose to live closely to my work and so in a big city.

Furthermore, I am a very sporty person. In big cities there are more gyms, health clubs and sport clubs than in small towns. As more people live in big cities it is also easier to find a partner to do a certain sport, for instance volleyball or tennis. When I moved to a new city in 2010, I joined the tennis club in my neighborhood and placed a message on the blackboard to find a new partner for my training. After only a few days, I had almost 20 messages on my mailbox. It is so easy to find new sport partners or friends in a big city.

To conclude, I could not imagine living in small town. Of course if my job requires living there I would certainly do this. The rents are not as high as in big cities and if you are lucky you will find new friends there too. But if I had the choice, I would live in big city with and enjoy all advantages.