Standardized testing Standardized tests are exams given to students at the end of each academic year. The results are used to determine whether or not students move to the next grade level. As our society places more emphasis on education, many school dis

Standardized testing

Standardized tests are exams given to students at the end of each academic year. The results are used to determine whether or not students move to the next grade level. As our society places more emphasis on education, many school districts, along with the federal government, are using standardized tests to ensure that students receive the best education possible, and we should support this.

First, these tests are given statewide and nationwide, thereby setting a strong standard for all schools to follow. In order to advance, students are required to achieve a minimum score that shows they have acquired the basic, necessary skills of their level. Teachers must therefore emphasize the appropriate material or face the possibility that their students will not pass. This pressure nearly guarantees that students, regardless of environment or background, receive a standard, quality education.

In addition, with these exams, schools become more accountable for the success of their students. By averaging the scores of students, the quality of education of different schools can be compared. With this information, state and federal governments can identify those schools with exceptional results and reward them accordingly as well as identify those performing poorly and offer the necessary aid or take other appropriate actions to help them improve.

Finally, the results of these exams can be used to provide help to those students who need it most. Simply moving children into the next grade level because of age and not ability has long been a staple of most academic institutions. This social promotion needs to end. With these tests, promotion to the next level will be only for those students who pass and show the necessary ability to move forward while those who don’t pass will stay behind to receive more assistance.

Essay topics in audio

The atricle claims that using standardized test will help students and schools to improve and provides three reasons of support. However, the professor says that there is no reason to use it and refutes each of the author’s reasons.

First, the reading avers that standardized test will provide a setting for all schools to follow. The professor opposes this point by discussing that standardized test forces school to use same material. Therefore, it will push teachers and so get their freedom to select their material by themselves. Teachers have to use same material regardless of their students interest.

Second, the article posits that schools will be considered on the bases of their students success. The professor contends that by using this method, our society will punish students for their poor results. According to the professor, it is not logical that score results determine how much funding they get. It is entirely possible that students get poor score due to negetive environment. By doing so, instead of giving more funding to them, they reduce their budget.

Third, the article claims that exam result will determine which students need help. The lecture refutes this point by explaining that if a student will not pass the exam, he/she will not get help. As professor says they fails to consider that this test includes hundred of schools and thousands of students. For instance, if a student is ill and badly responses to the test, the student will be kept in the same level and will not inporove.

Sentence: As professor says they fails to consider that this test includes hundred of schools and thousands of students.
Description: A pronoun, personal, nominative, not 3rd person singular is not usually followed by a verb, present tense, 3rd person singular
Suggestion: Refer to they and fails

Sentence: The atricle claims that using standardized test will help students and schools to improve and provides three reasons of support.
Error: atricle Suggestion: article

Sentence: It is entirely possible that students get poor score due to negetive environment.
Error: negetive Suggestion: negative

Sentence: For instance, if a student is ill and badly responses to the test, the student will be kept in the same level and will not inporove.
Error: inporove Suggestion: improve