"Nature's Way, a chain of stores selling health food and other health-related products, is opening its""next franchise in the town of Plainsville. The store should prove to be very successful: Nature's Way franchises tend to be most profitable in areas wh

"Nature's Way, a chain of stores selling health food and other health-related products, is opening its"
"next franchise in the town of Plainsville. The store should prove to be very successful: Nature's Way franchises tend to be most profitable in areas where residents lead healthy lives, and clearly Plainsville is such an area. Plainsville merchants report that sales of running shoes and exercise clothing are at all-time highs. The local health club has more members than ever, and the weight training and aerobics classes are always full. Finally, Plainsville's schoolchildren represent a new generation of potential customers: these schoolchildren are required to participate in a fitness-for-life"
"program, which emphasizes the benefits of regular exercise at an early age."

In this article, the author points out that Pliansville is a good place for opening next Nature’s way franchise. He/She also projects that Plainville’s schoolchildren represent a new potential customers. To bolster the projection, the author renders Plainsville merchants report that sales of running shoes and exercise clothing are at all-time highs. To suppoert this conclusion, the article also mentions the local health club has more members than ever, and the weight training and aerobics classes are always full. To further support the conclusion, the article cites schoolchildren are required to participate in a fitness-for-life program. Close scrutiny of each of those facts reveals that none of them lends credible support to the conclusion as it stands.

Regarding the first evidence, healthy life style is responsible for increasing sales of running shoes and exercise clothing. However, the author ignores other possible causes of such evidence; for example increasing of population in the city, promoting of residents economical condition, to name just a few. Without eliminating alternative explanations such those, the conclusion are unwarranted.

Another fundamental problem with the argument is that assuming at now the people have a tendency to healthy living style, the author infers a similar condition in the future. But there are other conditions that will affect living style. If it transpires, For instance, that the people wants to migrate to other areas due to weather condition in Pliansville, the author’s conclusion is uncalled for.

As for the third evidence, the article does not indicate the population of schoolchildren. Nor does the author indicate what percentage of them engaged in a fitness-for life program. IF it turns out, for example, that small groups of children will participate in those activities, the author’s projection is unjustified.

In sum, the article relies on doubtful assumptions and scant evidence that render it unconvincing and ill grounded as it stands. To persuade me that Plainsville is an appropriate place to open new store, the author must provide more and clear evidence about the economy condition and Plainevile’s residents properties. To empower the assertation, he/she also needs to supply all information respecting schoolchildren in Pliansvile.