The students are more influenced by their teachers than by their friends

The students are more influenced by their teachers than by their friends.

Although some people believe that their most influential characters in their lives are some of their friends, but actually for me, my most impressive character is among my teachers. In fact, my teachers especially some professors that I had in university were the most influential people in my personal and career life.

The first and the most important issue, is the level of awareness, or it is better to say, the quality of thoughts. The definition of friend of course is different from a person to person; sometimes you see your friend as a person for having fun, but sometimes your friend is really sophisticated and knowledgeable, by in large his or her statue is ahead of you; you accept him like a leader, your aim about choosing him is taking advantage of his experiences and knowledge; in this case your friend plays the role of a teacher.

Second, in a friendship relationship the exchange of information is mutual, the both sides take benefits, but in an educational relationship you are supposed to be a receiver; on the other hand, this relationship is unilateral. You suppose your teacher as a person who is sophisticated, educated and complete in a way that you expect; and based on these factors you become reluctant to present to his or her class. Some years ago, I had a teacher with the character that I admired him; he had a great role in my personal life and especially my job. I presented in his class not only for his extraordinary scientific expression that he has, but every session also had a lesson of life.

To put the issues into a nutshell, up to the level of thought and insight, a teacher is more influential for students than a friend.