TOEFL integrated writing: certifications

The reading passage is about the reasons of why American companies would not be interested in ecocertification, for wood products. Meanwhile, the listening passage casts some doubts on these reasons, explaining why American companies would be interested in seeking ecocerification.

First of all, according to the reading passage, ecocertification would not be convenient for American wood companies, as they think that advertising other ecocertified products would not affect them at all , because American people don't trust advertisements in general. On the other hand, this particular view is diputed in the listening passage, when the speaker explains that the American people would definitely be interested with the advertisements that are claimed by independent consumer agencies with international reputation.

Secondly, the reading passage states that the price of ecocertified wood products would obviously be a controlling factor,that would prevent American people from being interested in ecocertified products, for the fact that it would be more expensive. However, the speaker in the listening passage argues, that the price would really make a difference in case it is much higher or lower compared to the other products, but in this case, where the difference in the price for ecocertified wood products, is very small; less than 5%, then other factors would predominate; which means that the value for protecting the enviroment would be much more significant, for the Americans.

Finally, the reading passage also claims that American companies would be more intrigued with ecocertification, if the products are not being sold effectively in the states. Nevertheless, the speaker explains that the international competition would definitely play an important role in pushing the American companies to seek ecocertification to improve the American market.

Sentence: However, the speaker in the listening passage argues, that the price would really make a difference in case it is much higher or lower compared to the other products, but in this case, where the difference in the price for ecocertified wood products, is very small; less than 5, then other factors would predominate; which means that the value for protecting the enviroment would be much more significant, for the Americans.
Error: enviroment Suggestion: environment