The reading states that a four-day workweek has many advantages and it provides three reasons of support. However, the professor explains that the benefits mencioned in the passage are not entirely true and he refutes each of the author’s reasons.
First, the reading claims that a four-day workweek is beneficial for the company, since less overworked and error-prone employees will help it gain more profits. The professor refutes this point by saying that this option will make companies add more workers, which requires to spend more money in traning, health care and office space. As a result, companies will have to face additional costs, so they will gain less profits.
Second, the passage states that this option is advantageous for the country’s economy because it reduces unemployment rate. However, the professor says that four-day workweek will not necessarily force companies to hire new employees. According to the professor, companies could ask employees to work overtime or even expect them to do the same ammount of work in four days. Therefore, no new job positions will be created at all.
Third, the reading says that this alternative is positive for the employees as it allows them to have more free time and to improve the quality of their lives. The professor opposes to this point by saying that working four days could be harmful for them. He explains that it could jeopardize their job stability and their chances to advance in their careers, because companies would prefer the five-day workers over them.
- TOEFL integrated writing: The sea otter 83
- The luxuries and conveniences of contemporary life prevent people from developing into truly strong and independent individuals.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning f 51
- A recently issued twenty-year study on headaches suffered by the residents of Mentia investigated the possible therapeutic effect of consuming salicylates. Salicylates are members of the same chemical family as aspirin, a medicine used to treat headaches. 92
- Humans arrived in the Kaliko Islands about 7 000 years ago and within 3 000 years most of the large mammal species that had lived in the forests of the Kaliko Islands were extinct Previous archaeological findings have suggested that early humans generally 64
- The following appeared as part of an article in a business magazine."A recent study rating 300 male and female Mentian advertising executives according to the average number of hours they sleep per night showed an association between the amount of sleep t 85
Sentence: According to the professor, companies could ask employees to work overtime or even expect them to do the same ammount of work in four days.
Error: ammount Suggestion: amount
Need sentences varieties.
Read sample answers from ETS:
Attribute Value Ideal
Score: 21 in 30
Category: Satisfactory Excellent
No. of Grammatical Errors: 0 2
No. of Spelling Errors: 0 2
No. of Sentences: 12 9
No. of Words: 251 250
No. of Characters: 1254 1200
No. of Different Words: 135 120
Fourth Root of Number of Words: 3.98 4.7
Average Word Length: 4.996 4.6
Word Length SD: 2.484 2.4
No. of Words greater than 5 chars: 92 80
No. of Words greater than 6 chars: 78 60
No. of Words greater than 7 chars: 46 40
No. of Words greater than 8 chars: 30 20
Use of Passive Voice (%): 0 0
Avg. Sentence Length: 20.917 21.0
Sentence Length SD: 5.78 7.5
Use of Discourse Markers (%): 0.583 0.12
Sentence-Text Coherence: 0.371 0.35
Sentence-Para Coherence: 0.595 0.50
Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.13 0.07
Number of Paragraphs: 4 4