The luxuries and conveniences of contemporary life prevent people from developing into truly strong and independent individuals.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning f

The luxuries and conveniences of contemporary life prevent people from developing into truly strong and independent individuals.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.

Life has become more pleasant and comfortable in many places around the world, where wealth has helped people to struggle less. However, has prosperity weakened our personalities?

The statement attempts to bridge these luxuries to a reduction in the ability of humans to develop their character and independence. The assumption is that facing difficulties and having to struggle through life helps people be stronger. As it is said, what does not kill you makes you stronger. One could think that all the facilities we enjoy nowadays hinder us from building our individualities.

However, despite all these facilities, there are many strong individuals. Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, Larry Page, they all are among the greatest minds the world has witnessed. Besides being known as the world’s richest people, they are also cited as some strong and pioneer people. This means that the luxuries of their lives did not have a negative effect on their personalities. Perhaps it is the opposite. Maybe comfort and wealth provides more tools to be independent and powerful.

In addition, the cited statement would mean that living in humble conditions is advantageous, which seems counterintuitive. Are Africans more independent individuals? Are poverty and hardships beneficial? While it may be possible that adversities makes us physically stronger, being independent connotes having mental strength. Comfort allows us to develop such strength in a way difficulties cannot. We just have to compare an European child with an African one. Who is more able to strengthen his analytical thinking skills? Who has a better chance to become a self-sufficient individual?

In sum, although luxuries are nowadays believed to be harmful, they actually enable us to have greater gateways to success and independence. A quick reflection on a typical day reveals that well-heeled lifestyles are essential to build strong and independent individualities.

For issue essays, 350 words are the minimum.