the man expresses his opinion. summarize the proposal, state his opinion and explain his reasons.

Speaking topics in text

The computer department is considering offering evening classes in the fall. The proposal to add the classes is a response to student complaints that daytime computer classes have become increasingly overcrowded and there are no longer enough computers available. The department has decided that despite some added expenses, the most cost-effective way of addressing this problem is by adding computer classes in the evening. It is hoped that this change will decrease the number of students enrolled in day classes and thus guarantee individual access to computers for all students in computer classes.

Listening passage: Male student. I just do not think this will work.
Female student. Why not? Male student: Because its not gonna solve the problem. Students are busy at night. We have jobs families, clubs, and social events. Most of us have something to do every single night of this week.
Female. I see your point. I sure your point. I sure could not fit any thing in to my schedule during week. I have got swimming practice most nights.
Male. Right as for as expenses goes, they are going about the wrong way. I mean it cost money hire more teachers and keep the academic building later. Which is lot more expenses than buying more computers.
Female. more computers.
Male. that is right. Computers have come away down the past few years, so the department would not have to spend as much money as they did in the past. Besides, the computer department classrooms, you know ,room themselves are very large...there is plenty of space to add more computers.

Online speaking recording
Speaking category