Part 3.6 - Group Work
The geology department is aware of the problems surrounding of group work, and its unpopularity among students. We realize that in some cases students do not contribute and thus gain marks they do not deserve, while stronger students are frustrated at being held back by weaker students. Similarly, it is very difficult for tutors to award marks for group projects, as it is unclear who is responsible for each part.
However, the department feels that there is a great deal to be gained from group work, in terms of self-organization and communication skills. To this end, we plan to introduce a system whereby the group work itself is not formally assessed, but each student will undertake an individual piece of work based on the group project, which will be designed to ensure participation in the project.
- Pollution is increasing day by day. What will you suggest to reduce the pollution? Give reasons and examples to support your answer. 80
- Talk about an event from the past that you would like to relive. Describe the original event and say why you would like to relive it. 80
- Some people believe that only the best students should be allowed to study at the college or university. Others believe that all interested students must be allowed to do so. Agree/Disagree? Support with points and examples. 53
- Describe a book that is the most useful to you. 70
- TPO1 - Task1: Talk about a book you have read that was important to you for some reason. 70
22 in 30
The recording is not so clear.