Personal Statement

Personal Statement

I still have a vivid memory of the moment when I first stepped into one of the most prestigious colleges in Indonesia – University of Lampung. I was only 15 years, when I visited a geological science trip, I realized that any place in the world is heterogenic and has different physics character causing many complex mechanisms to explore oil and gas. This experience sparked my wish to become a geophysicist.
After completing my undergraduate study conducting last project about characterize turbidity reservoir, I am being more interested in quantitative interpretation method, such advance seismic as AVO modelling and inversion. Moreover, I was involved in some research, ranging from reservoir characterization to rock physic modeling. One of my research titled “Upside Potential Reservoir Characterization using Simulated Annealing Inversion to Optimize Reservoir Performance in Shale Dominant Gumai Formation, Jabung” had successfully published on Joint Convention Malang (one of the greatest oil and gas event in Indonesia) in 2017.
Regarding a recent short-term internship where I learned many about biogenic gas –20% of the world’s discovered gas reserves. Due to the high demand for gas, I decide to have research about this issue for my thesis. Looking in details of this research, existing data clearly exhibits strong amplitude anomalies ―a bright spot as a Direct Hydrocarbon Indicator. Furthermore, not only would this project use seismic attribute and AI methods, but AVO would effectively be carried out to confirm gas presence.

more content wanted.

---------------------