SOP for Ph.D.in medicinal chemistry

SOP for Ph.D.in medicinal chemistry

I want to express my high interest in process & equipment design which will be very effective for my future career. I found it interesting because I studied chemical engineering for my bachelor’s degree and I got a master of reservoir management, focusing on process design. Moreover, studying the pdeng at the tu delft which is one of the technology leading universities in the world, trained to work in a multidisciplinary/cultural team for conceptual design processes or equipment and developing an independent attitude to work in a complete design and evaluation of a process is great opportunity for every chemical engineer who seeking for better job positions.

I consider myself a suitable candidate for this position because I plan to pursue my career as an engineer in the industry. I have a suitable background in process design, especially in the oil and gas industries. both my bachelor's and master's thesis was concerned with process and equipment design and was about designing and analyzing chemical processes and equipment.

During my bachelor at the Ferdowsi university of Mashhad, one of the three top universities in iran, I got several courses which they helped me to select this area of chemical engineering for my future study and career. courses such as Fluid Mechanics, that gave me a better understanding of transport phenomena problems and methods for solving them. By studying numerical methods, I learned how to numerically model complex transport phenomena’ problems and solving them by computer programing. Also, process Control was taught me how to maintain a process at the desired operating conditions, safely and efficiently, while satisfying product quality requirements. I gained valuable experiences at chemical and petrochemical research Center of iran working on catalyst data acquisitions for prototyping of three petrochemical companies of iran. In addition to that, my bachelor’s thesis was simulating the flow of water in a water treatment process reactor by COMSOL Multiphysics.

I decide to study a multidisciplinary field for the master's degree, reservoir management which is a combination of chemical and reservoir engineering and Economy. courses I took in a master’s degree, like reservoir simulation, Advanced reservoir management, and energy economics, developed my knowledge and abilities for simulating multidisciplinary projects. my master’s thesis was a combination of petroleum reservoir simulation, study of flow assurance, gas separation process design, and economic evaluations and the goal was to integrate all assets to reach the optimize reservoir production and injection rate. I simulate a condensate gas reservoir with 4 production and 3 injection wells that reinject a portion of production gas. The best scenario was selected based on economic evaluations. along with the thesis, I learned the use of Eclipse as reservoir simulator, IPM (Resolve, Prosper, gap, PVTP) as wells and pipeline simulator, Hysys for process design, and using QUE$TOR for economic evaluations. my thesis outcome was a paper that I presented in the 12th International energy Conference in iran, ‘Techno-economic Improvement of gas Recovery operation through integrating production processes’.

At the gap between my bachelor's and master's and after master's graduation, I am working at the payafanavaran company (payatek), a medical equipment startup company. I am responsible for polymer and conductive inks studies along with the head of technical support. We did a different project while the main one was working on the readout large-array resistive sensors for making a foot pressure distribution scanner. The first PT-Pressure was sold in 2013 which both hardware and software were developed in payafanavaran. As a chemical engineer, I did researches and laboratory works on making the sensors which were made from two arrays of conductive material that laid perpendicular to each other separated with a conductive polymer. I made that polymer when I was working at payatek before accepting for the master's degree. when I graduated from a master’s degree, I returned payatek as head of technical support of products.

I believe that my great sense of problem detecting and solving and team working abilities, in addition to my knowledge in chemical and reservoir engineering, programming with MATLAB, and economics are valuable for selecting me as your future pdeng. student at tu delft. I am aware that the university has high standards for admitting students to its graduate programs. I believe that my academic credentials together with my research interests and potential would help me gain admission to the esteemed Department of chemical engineering. I hope that in reviewing my application package, the university would be convinced of the same.