Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence Talent will not nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent Genius will not unrewarded genius is almost a proverb Education will not the world is full of educated derelicts Persistence an

“Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination are omnipotent. The slogan “press on!” has solved and always will solve the problem of human race.”
-Calvin Coolidge, Autobiography
Do you agree that persistence is the major factor in success, and that talent, genius, and education play, at best, secondary roles?

Most people don't reach their goals because they give up too easily. If you've been trying to achieve a goal for a while and haven't met with success, chances are you'll stop pursuing it. The difference between people who accomplish their goals and those who don't is that they keep at it!

Persistence plays a very important role in one’s life. A person who don't give up too easily and has tendency to step ahead without thinking about the difficulties in his way; he is able to perform any damn task, even if he is less talented than others, less educated than others, and less genius than others. Being talented, educated, and genius is just the supplement so that one can get to success easily.

As a fact only 1% of total people in the world are earning 99% of the money that is being earned, it doesn't mean that only those 1% are genius, educated, or talented, they are just one of us, but they have an extra feature of not giving up ever at any situation in life and have tendency to take a step on the way to success without the fear of consequences or the difficulties that they might have to face on their way. Or in simple words we can say that their persistence paid off to them.

People who are successful in their job are persistent, they start to believe in one thing and do it without giving a second thought to the difficulties. Other people also think over the ways that can take them to success but fear of failure takes them.

So I am completely agree with Mr. Coolidge, it does not depend on how genius a person is; his success depends upon his hard work,and his persistence.