Fifteen years ago, Omega University implemented a new procedure that encouraged students to evaluate the teaching effectiveness of all their professors. Since that time, Omega professors have begun to assign higher grades in their classes, and overall stu

Fifteen years ago, Omega University implemented a new procedure that encouraged students to evaluate the teaching effectiveness of all their professors. Since that time, Omega professors have begun to assign higher grades in their classes, and overall student grade averages at Omega have risen by 30 percent. Potential employers, looking at this dramatic rise in grades, believe that grades at Omega are inflated and do not accurately reflect student achievement; as a result, Omega graduates have not been as successful at getting jobs as have graduates from nearby Alpha University. To enable its graduates to secure better jobs, Omega University should terminate student evaluation of professors.
Write a response in which you discuss what specific evidence is needed to evaluate the argument and explain how the evidence would weaken or strengthen the argument.

The author of the argument has failed to convince us that by terminating the procedure of student evaluation of professors in Omega University, its graduates would be successful in finding job in near future. Even if this claim may seem logical at first glance, the article lacks enough concrete exemplification and illustrative information to prove this claim. The argument, as it stands, is based on questionable assumption and a faulty line of reasoning, a fact that renders it over simplistic and unconvincing. In what follows, some evidences, which are necessary to admit the conclusion are expressed and elucidated.

The primary issue with the writer’s reasoning lies in his/her unsubstantiated premises. First, there is not enough evidences that proves that the professors intentionally give their students higher grades. Maybe, this procedure has obliged the faculty to have better performance in classes and as a result, the average grade has been risen by 30 percent. Consequently, if the university administrators decide to stop the aforementioned procedure the good collaboration that have been made among the students and their teachers would be lost and in that case the graduates of Omega university would be go in trouble after graduation.

Secondly, the author has made a wrong comparison between the two universities name Omega and Alpha. Just for the sake, that these two universities are nearby does not prove that the level of the education of their graduates is similar. The questions, which may come to mind here are “Do all features of the two university near each other?” or “What is the World ranking of the two university?” These questions have to be answered before any decision making.

Lastly, the author did not mention anything about the feedback from the employers. A survey has to be organized by the manager of some potential employers, in that survey some unanswered reasons for rejecting an applicant from Omega University in that company have to be cleared. For instance, what qualifications are important in that company of factory? Maybe the administrators of the university has to take a look at their syllabus of any major and tries to made the taught lessons more practical for the related jobs in near future. Who knows, maybe the computer skill of the students is too basic or there should be some classes before the graduation of any major for students and tried to improve students ability in an interview and etc.

To wrap up, considering all the aspects that have been discussed above, the lack in some evidences, reduced the robustness of the conclusion presented in the article. If the author includes all the additional premises, which have been introduced so far in this article, it would have been more thorough and convincing.

argument 1 -- don't develop argument essays like issue essays like: ...their teachers would be lost and in that case the graduates of Omega university would be go in trouble after graduation.

argument 3 -- Always remember argue against the conclusion. For this topic it is:

'To enable its graduates to secure better jobs, Omega University should terminate student evaluation of professors.'
----------------
read a sample:
http://www.testbig.com/gmatgre-argument-task-essays/fifteen-years-ago-o…

----------------