TPO 21 - Question 4

Speaking topics in text

TPO 21 - Question 4

Speaking category

A sample Answer to this speaking in text:

The reading talks about questioning awareness of effect, which is a technique that many teachers use to correct disruptive behaviors in classrooms. In the examples, the professor used to have the rule of students raising hands before answering questions. But one girl called Sarah had some trouble following the rule. She called out the answers every time, leaving other kids disappointed. Then one day, she did it again, the professor just asked a question that drew attention to the negative impact of her behavior, didn’t wait for an answer and just continued teaching. This corrected her behavior, and the next time she raised her hand along with other kids.

1. So I used to teach a class of eight year olds and one problem I sometimes had was getting the kids to raise their hands when they wanted to answer a question.
2. Like lots of teachers, I had the rule that if a student wanted to answer a question, they needed to raise their hand in the air and wait I speak call their name before speaking.
3. That gave all the students a chance to participate, which helped everyone get more out of the discussion.
4. But some kids had troubling following the rule.
5. I remember there was on girl Saran who didn't raise her hand when she wanted to answer a question.
6. She would just call out the answer and this was frustrating for the other children who were waiting patiently with their hands raised.
7. So one day when Sarah called out I asked if she know that calling out was unfair to the other students..
8. I said to her "Sarah, do you realize that when you call out an answers without raising your hand, you are not being fair to the other students?
9. You are not giving them a change to answer questions too and I didn't wait for her to answer, I just continued teaching the class and after that every time I asked the class a question, Sarah didn't call out the answer.
10. She raised her hand along with everyone else.