TPO 20 - Question 3
- Some people think that materials printed on paper, such as books and newspapers, will one day be replaced by electronic versions of those materials. Others believe that printed materials will always be popular. Which point of view do you agree with? Expla 100
- TPO 07 - Question 6 100
- TPO 43 - Question 4 100
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement To protect the health of young children advertisements for candy and junk food should not be shown on television Use specific reasons and details in your response 70
- TPO 04 Question 6 63
A sample Answer to this speaking in text:
According to the reading, in order to reduce the heating cost, the university has decided to lower the temperature in classrooms after 5 P.M. when classes all end. In the dialogue, the woman disagrees for the following reasons. To start with, those classrooms are always used for group meetings. The library has limited meeting rooms. If they make this change, students will have nowhere to go for their group meeting in the cold winter days. What’s more, the school should make some basic improvements, such as changing the old windows to make the buildings more energy efficient. That will make a huge difference.
1. What's on earth is the university thinking?
2. Eh, what do you mean?
3. Well, those building aren't just used for classes.
4. That's where my evening study group usually meets.
5. Oh, of course that's true, but you could go to the library instead.
6. Yeah, but the library only has a few rooms that people can use for group meetings, which is why classrooms have been so convenient.
7. But now if it's winter and cold, where can we go?
8. Right, in the middle of winter, forget it or even if it's just kind of cold out.
9. It'd be pretty unpleasant.
10. But still they obviously have to do something about the situation.
11. Oh, I agree.
12. They have to do something but they should find a solution that isn't so disruptive to academic nevertheless.
13. Such as?
14. Well, for one if they replaced all those old windows, they are so drafty, they let the cold in and if they insulated the buildings better, these are really old building.
15. Charing but.
16. But not at all enegy-efficent.
17. Yeah, you are probably right.
18. There are some really basic improvements they could make that'd make a huge difference in the long term that could solve the problem and still leave us somewhere to study.