The CoffeeCart beverage and food service located in the lobby of our main office building is not earning enough in sales to cover its costs and so the cart may discontinue operating at GBS Given the low staff morale as evidenced by the increase in the num

The CoffeeCart beverage and food service located in the lobby of our main office building is not earning enough in sales to cover its costs, and so the cart may discontinue operating at GBS. Given the low staff morale, as evidenced by the increase in the number of employees leaving the company, the loss of this service could present a problem, especially since the staff morale questionnaire showed widespread dissatisfaction with the snack machines.
Therefore, supervisors should remind the employees in their group to patronize the cart—after all, it was leased for their convenience so that they would not have to walk over to the cafeteria on breaks.”

Discuss how well reasoned

The author argues that supervisors should remind the employees in their group to patronize the cart, since it was leased for their convenience so that they would not have to walk over to the cafeteria on breaks. The conclusion is based on the assumptions for which there is no clear evidence, since it ignores some crucial interconnections between the statements and the conclusion. Hence, the argument is unconvincing and has several flaws.
First of all, the argument that CoffeeCart beverage and food service located in the lobby of the main office building is not earning enough in sales to cover its costs, and so the cart may discontinue operating at GBS is based on the questionable believe that working in minus will unconditionally bring the café to close and leave the business center. Notwithstanding, it could equally mean that the café will just change it operation model or benchmark it costs, since the location of CoffeeCart is highly prosperous, being inside the lobby of an office building where the demand is always high.
Second, the argument could have been much less vague if the author provided the additional evidence strengthening the statement that the low staff morale, as evidenced by the increase in the number of employees leaving the company, could result in the loss of this service, presenting a problem. For example, if there, in the premise, the author introduced the instances of other business buildings, in which the same situation ended with the café closure, the conclusion could have been clearer. In fact, it is now not at all clear that there exists high staff turnover rate because of the bad morale, since staff could leave as a result of the structural changes in the labour force market.
Finally, the argument fails to mention one of the key factors, on basic of which it could be evaluated. Instead of saying that the staff morale questionnaire showing widespread dissatisfaction with the snack machines and so it is the problem of the employees itself, the author could introduce the logical relations between dissatisfaction of staff with the machines and the conclusion the machines should be patronized.
To sum up, the premise with the resulting conclusion is lacking details to be sound and clear. The argument is not completely convincing, since it fails to address the assumptions risen. The premise could be strengthened if author clearly mentioned all the facts. It is of great importance to address all the factors affecting the issue before the final conclusion is made. Hence, I do not at all convinced that supervisors should remind the employees in their group to patronize the cart, leased for their convenience.