The citizens of Forsythe have adopted more healthful lifestyles Their responses to a recent survey show that in their eating habits they conform more closely to government nutritional recommendations than they did ten years ago Furthermore there has been

The citizens of Forsythe have adopted more healthful lifestyles. Their responses to a recent survey show that in their eating habits they conform more closely to government nutritional recommendations than they did ten years ago. Furthermore, there has been a fourfold increase in sales of food products containing kiran, a substance that a scientific study has shown reduces cholesterol. This trend is also evident in reduced sales of sulia, a food that few of the healthiest citizens regularly eat.
Write a response in which you examine the stated and/or unstated assumptions of the argument. Be sure to explain how the argument depends on these assumptions and what the implications are for the argument if the assumptions prove unwarranted.

The survey conducted in the Forsythe is about the reason behind its citizen’s healthful lifestyles. The survey result shows that the reason behind adopting more healthful lifestyles in complying with the governmental nutritional recommendations. In response, the author is come to this conclusion based of the fact of fourfold increase in the sales of Kiran – a substance which helps in reducing the cholesterol. Another evidence assisting the author’s position is sales reduction of Suila, which is consumes by only few of the healthiest citizen. However, before these reasons behind the adoption of healthful lifestyles of Forsythe citizens can be properly valid, three questions must be answered.
First of all, author assumes that the reason behind the successful healthful lifestyle adoption is conforming with the recommendation suggested by the government. Yes, this might be the reason. But what if government is suggesting the nutritional recommendation and it is not true for two, three or four years ago but only this year? Yes, they adopted the different nutrition today than they did ten years ago but there might be the possibility of increase in healthful lifestyle years before than now, which may not be due to the recommendation of government nutrition or may be due to change in their daily food. Also, there might be the case of lying reason of conformation of citizen of Forsythe with governmental recommendation. The people of Forsythe might have lied saying that the healthful lifestyle is due to the recommendations suggested by the government. If either of this scenario is true, then the authors position in the argument do not hold water.
Secondly, is reducing cholesterol is only the activity in order to adopting the healthful lifestyle of Forsythe citizens? In other words, aren’t there some other diets that might be responsible for prospering the lifestyle of Forsythe people? The author might have come to the position of consuming Kiran and reducing cholesterol is responsible for improving the lifestyle as there is increase in selling of Kiran food products (which is responsible for reducing the level of cholesterol in human body). But what if the product is sold because there is an increase in patients of cholesterol in the city, rather than they are buying it for healthful lifestyle. Also, the case of exporting Kiran to next city might also be the case of rapid selling of Kiran containing food products. If all these scenarios are true than the conclusion drawn upon the original argument is significantly weakened.
Lastly, the author might have assumed that the food Suila is decreasing the healthful lifestyles of some of the healthy people in the city by suggesting that the sales of the product Suila is decreasing as the adoption of healthful lifestyle of citizen is increasing. What if suila is consumed for some other reason rather than for being healthy? They may eat Suila because they might be pliant to the taste of it before and now, they don’t buy that as government is not recommending that. Also, there might have some other products similar or better than Suila in the market, which might be the reason behind decrease in sales of it. If these cases are also true, then the author’s position in the argument pave the way to doubt the conclusion.
In conclusion, the argument, as it stands now, is considerably flawed due to its reliance on several unwarranted assumptions. If author is able to answer all these three questions above and offers some other tangible evidence (perhaps in the form of systematic research study), then it will be possible to fully evaluate the viability of the reason behind the adoption of healthful lifestyles in Forsythe.