The following appeared in a letter to the editor of the Clearview newspaper."In the next mayoral election, residents of Clearview should vote for Ann Green, who is a member of the Good Earth Coalition, rather than for Frank Braun, a member of the Clearvie

The following appeared in a letter to the editor of the Clearview newspaper.

"In the next mayoral election, residents of Clearview should vote for Ann Green, who is a member of the Good Earth Coalition, rather than for Frank Braun, a member of the Clearview town council, because the current members are not protecting our environment. For example, during the past year the number of factories in Clearview has doubled, air pollution levels have increased, and the local hospital has treated 25 percent more patients with respiratory illnesses. If we elect Ann Green, the environmental problems in Clearview will certainly be solved."

In this letter editor of the Clearview newspaper claims that the citizen should vote for Ann Green rather than Frank Braun who is member of Clearview town council since Ann Green is member of good Earth Coalition. During working years of working of Frank Braun numbers of factories are doubled and they cause many problems like sire pollution and respiratory disease among citizen. As a result Ann Green can solve the environmental problems and she is suitable candidate for this position. Close scrutiny of this letter reveals that the mentioned arguments are not credible sine they not convey more doubtful assumptions.

First of all, the author assumes that the Ann Green is a member of good Earth coalition. The author fails to claim that the good coalition may have a highly developed instruments and laboratories, not high professional employees like Ann Green. Perhaps the Ann Green is a freshman in this Coalition without any tangible experiences and projects in environmental fields, since working in Earth Association covers numerous fields and Ann has no knowledge about environmental issues.

Second, because of increasing in the number of factories in the region, the air pollution and respiratory diseases have escalated, according to the letter. It is entirely possible that agent of air pollution and diseases was old-fashioned cars emitting a huge volume of gas to the atmosphere. Those cars are unsuitable source of pollution and pathological agents. It is possible that the Frank Braun projects and factories in the region follow environmentally- friendly guidelines by environmental association, and they use clean fuel to produce their products. There is no solid evidence behind the reasons of patients in the local hospital since it is possible that the agent of diseases be genetic factors and malnutrition.

Finally, the author indicates that the Ann Green is suitable candidate for filing the position of the Frank Broun because she can solve the environmental problems. The author lends incredible supports to empower these arguments. It is possible that Ann Green has no extreme projects and publication in this filed. Or perhaps the Frank Broun projects and plan were impeded by governments and other ministries like trade and economy ministry. So, electing Ann Green solves nothing in the area since she is not familiar with procedure and rigors of this field.

To sum up, the author of this letter provides some doubtful assumptions about the capability of Ann Green for solving environmental problems in the region instead of Frank Braun. These arguments cannot convince me, and to blend these reasons the author should provide more information about the process of those factories in the region and agents of causing respiratory diseases by local survey or study. I would also need more information about Ann Green experiences in the field of environmental issues and her tasks in the Earth Coalition.

Let's analyze the structure of the statement and argue accordingly:

condition 1:
In the next mayoral election, residents of Clearview should vote for Ann Green, who is a member of the Good Earth Coalition, rather than for Frank Braun, a member of the Clearview town council, because the current members are not protecting our environment. //maybe members of the Clearview town council are also the member of Good Earth Coalition too.

condition 2:
For example, during the past year the number of factories in Clearview has doubled, air pollution levels have increased, and the local hospital has treated 25 percent more patients with respiratory illnesses. //better to say that maybe more people moved to this city during the past year.

conclusion:
If we elect Ann Green, the environmental problems in Clearview will certainly be solved. //it may be or maybe not solve the environmental problems. not certainly.

----------------------