Essay topics: The following appeared in a memo from a vice president of Quiot Manufacturing.
"During the past year, Quiot Manufacturing had 30 percent more on-the-job accidents than at the nearby Panoply Industries plant, where the work shifts are one hour shorter than ours. Experts say that significant contributing factors in many on-the-job accidents are fatigue and sleep deprivation among workers. Therefore, to reduce the number of on-the-job accidents at Quiot and thereby increase productivity, we should shorten each of our three work shifts by one hour so that employees will get adequate amounts of sleep."
Write a response in which you examine the stated and/or unstated assumptions of the argument. Be sure to explain how the argument depends on these assumptions and what the implications are for the argument if the assumptions prove unwarranted.
The memo states that reducing working hours will result in reduction in incidents at workplace at Quiot Manufacturing (qm). even though the writer has presented her rationale, but the argument is not cogent enough since it is rife with holes and gaps.
The writer states that since the qm has experienced 30% more incident than Panoply Industries (pi) which has shorter shifts, qm should also adopt their model. The writer presumes here that it is only lesser number of working hours that has yield in this favorable outcome at pi. However, before this point could be considered and applied, various questions are required to be answered. First, we need to understand if there have been some oth ...
Subscribe now as testbig VIP readers and get unlimited access to essays on the top list.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|6 months 4 days ago||nateray42||68||Read full essay|
|7 months 3 weeks ago||zickzion123||78||Read full essay|
|8 months 1 week ago||LMMM||68||Read full essay|
|9 months 6 days ago||DAISY CHANG||59||Read full essay|
|1 year 13 hours ago||evanlu||77.5||Read full essay|
|1 year 2 months ago||julls.kl||83||Read full essay|
|1 year 2 months ago||Shrinivaschavhan0029||60||Read full essay|
|1 year 3 months ago||bet||50||Read full essay|
|1 year 5 months ago||ShrutiUrkude||68||Read full essay|
|1 year 6 months ago||ponponlu||53||Read full essay|
- "The following was used as part of an internet advertising company's appeal to businesses: Furniture Depot employed our internet advertising company to help. Since then its sales increased by 10% over last year's totals. Furniture Depot (68)
- The following appeared in a letter from the owner of the Sunnyside Towers apartment complex to its manager."One month ago, all the showerheads in the first three buildings of the Sunnyside Towers complex were modified to restrict maximum water flow t (58)
- The following appeared in a memo from the marketing director of Top Dog Pet Stores."Five years ago, Fish Emporium started advertising in the magazine Exotic Pets Monthly. Their stores saw sales increase by 15 percent. The three Fish Emporium stores i (13)
- The following appeared in a memo from a vice president of Quiot Manufacturing."During the past year, Quiot Manufacturing had 30 percent more on-the-job accidents than at the nearby Panoply Industries plant, where the work shifts are one hour shorter than (58)
- men and women are not suitable for every job because of their inherent physical differences (50)
- Men and women, because of their inherent physical differences, are not equally suited for many tasks.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to add (50)
- The following appeared in a memo from the vice president of a company that builds shopping malls around the country."The surface of a section of Route 101, paved just two years ago by Good Intentions Roadways, is now badly cracked with a number of da (75)
- We venerate loyalty-to schools,employers,friends-as a virtue.Loyalty,however,can be as detrimental an influence as it can be a beneficial one. (58)
- “Bayside citizens need to consider raising local taxes if they want to see improvements in the bay side school district. Test scores, graduation and college admission rates and a number of other indicators have long made it clear that bayside school dis (53.3333)
- Scientists and other researchers should focus their research on areas that are likely to benefit the greatest number of people.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoni (58)