Essay topics: The following is a memorandum from the business manager of a television station.
"Over the past year, our late-night news program has devoted increasing time to national news and less time to weather and local news. During this time period, most of the complaints received from viewers were concerned with our station's coverage of weather and local news. In addition, local businesses that used to advertise during our late-night news program have just canceled their advertising programs with us. Therefore, in order to attract more viewers to the program and to avoid losing any further advertising revenues, we should restore the time devoted to weather and local news to its former level."
Write a response in which you discuss what specific evidence is needed to evaluate the argument and explain how the evidence would weaken or strengthen the argument.
A television station faces a predicament in that it is losing advertising contracts with local businesses and receiving complaints concerned with its coverage of weather and local news. This has all occurred in reesponse to devoting more time to national news. But is it really true that restoring more coverage time to weather and local news will increase viewership and advertising contracts? In fact, this argument relies upon significant assumptions that weaken its plausibility. In order to determine whether this recommendation will be effective, one must ascertain the true nature and number of the complaints, the actual reasons behind local businesses canceling their contracts, and whether ...
Subscribe now as testbig VIP readers and get unlimited access to essays on the top list.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|1 month 1 week ago||mhayat29||58||Read full essay|
|1 month 2 weeks ago||benson zhang||58||Read full essay|
|1 month 2 weeks ago||banu.abdikadirova||33||Read full essay|
|2 months 2 weeks ago||sea0215||70||Read full essay|
|3 months 3 weeks ago||madiha3||83||Read full essay|
|3 months 4 weeks ago||Mrunal47286||75||Read full essay|
|4 months 3 weeks ago||kian22||44||Read full essay|
|5 months 2 days ago||Shion||58||Read full essay|
|6 months 4 weeks ago||kanishkbar4321@...||60||Read full essay|
|7 months 2 weeks ago||Mirjana||78||Read full essay|
- The following is from a recent email from the Diord Corp. Human Resources Manager: “Tobor Technologies found that mental health problems and mental illness were responsible for about 15 percent of employee sick days. Tobor amended its employee insurance (68)
- “Governments are justified in circumventing civil laws when doing so is vital to the protection of national security.” Write an essay in which you take a position on the statement above. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider (66)
- The best way for a society to prepare its young people for leadership in government, industry, or other fields is by instilling in them a sense of cooperation, not competition.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree (66)
- Many lives might be saved if inoculations against cow flu were routinely administered to all people in areas where the disease is detected. However, since there is a small possibility that a person will die as a result of the inoculations, we cannot permi (68)
- The following is a memorandum from the business manager of a television station."Over the past year, our late-night news program has devoted increasing time to national news and less time to weather and local news. During this time period, most of the com (83)
- A nation should require all of its students to study the same national curriculum until they enter college.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoning for the position (66)