The following is a memorandum from the business manager of a television station."Over the past year, our late-night news program has devoted increased time to national news and less time to weather and local news. During this time period, most of the comp

The following is a memorandum from the business manager of a television station.

"Over the past year, our late-night news program has devoted increased time to national news and less time to weather and local news. During this time period, most of the complaints received from viewers were concerned with our station's coverage of weather and local news. In addition, local businesses that used to advertise during our late-night news program have just canceled their advertising contracts with us. Therefore, in order to attract more viewers to the program and to avoid losing any further advertising revenues, we should restore the time devoted to weather and local news to its former level."

Write a response in which you discuss what specific evidence is needed to evaluate the argument and explain how the evidence would weaken or strengthen the argument.

In this argument, the arguer advocate that the television station late-night news program should restore the time devoted to weather and local news to its former level. Although this arguement might seem reasonable at first glance, it is in fact ill-conceived. The reasons are stated as follows.

First, the arguer argues that most of the complaints received from viewers were concerned with their stations's coverage of weather and local news. Although this is entirely possible, the arguer provides no further evidence to substantiate this crucial assumption. It is very likely that their listener has been increasing since they change their policy and news coverage. An appropriate example is not very far to seek. Facebook, which incessantly receives lots of complaints with their changing layouts and suggesting algorithms, has gained increasing users since Mark Zuckerberg put the facebook online. Facebook's income and estimated value still rised, even though it is being complaints with its new change.

Second, the arguer argues that local businesses that used to advertise during their late-night news program have just canceled their advertising contracts with them. Nevetheless, there is no guarantee that this is necessarily the case and the arguers offers no evidence to confirm this assumption. It is quite possible that national advertising has entered their station and the television is gaining more profits. To illustrates this point clearly, let us take a look at the following representative example. Google gain more advertising profits from those small ads with their novel advertising strategy instead of adapting the previous advertising that is considered available. Without accounting for and ruling out these alternative explanations, the arguer cannot bolster the assumption.

The last but not least important, even if the evidence turns out to support the forgoing assumptions, the arguer just simply argues that they should reverse their weather and local news to its former level in order to attract more viewers and to avoid losing any further advertising revenues and niether of conclusive scientific evidence or anecdotal evidence is provided to support this reasoning. It is reasonable to doubt that this will not happen in reality. It is just as possible that the television station might lose those listeners who like to hear more national news and losing the oppurtunity to attract different advertisment. For example, Apple was facing bankrupcy after the board decided to fire Steve Jobs and adapted their business strategies. Until Steve Jobs, who is fully understand the origin belives and ideas of Apple, went back to Apple, it started to gain profit again and conquer the difficulties. To reach this cite conclusion, the arguer must explain either why none of these alternatives is available or why none of them is able to sustain.

To sum up, the arguer's argument mentioned above is not based on valid evidence and sound reasoning, neither of which is dispensable for a conclusion. In order to draw a better conclusion, the arguer should reason more convincingly, cite more evidence which is persuasive, and take every possible consideration into account.

Sentence: Facebook's income and estimated value still rised, even though it is being complaints with its new change.
Error: rised Suggestion: No alternate word

Sentence: The last but not least important, even if the evidence turns out to support the forgoing assumptions, the arguer just simply argues that they should reverse their weather and local news to its former level in order to attract more viewers and to avoid losing any further advertising revenues and niether of conclusive scientific evidence or anecdotal evidence is provided to support this reasoning.
Error: niether Suggestion: neither

Sentence: It is just as possible that the television station might lose those listeners who like to hear more national news and losing the oppurtunity to attract different advertisment.
Error: oppurtunity Suggestion: opportunity
Error: advertisment Suggestion: advertisement

Sentence: For example, Apple was facing bankrupcy after the board decided to fire Steve Jobs and adapted their business strategies.
Error: bankrupcy Suggestion: bankruptcy

Sentence: Until Steve Jobs, who is fully understand the origin belives and ideas of Apple, went back to Apple, it started to gain profit again and conquer the difficulties.
Error: belives Suggestion: believes

------------------
argument 1 -- not OK

argument 2 -- not OK

argument 3 -- not OK
--------------------
You are on the wrong track. This is not issue essay and you can't put external examples to support the arguments.

-----------------------