Essay topics: Educational institutions should dissuade students from pursuing fields of study in which they are unlikely to succeed.
Write a response in which you discuss your views on the policy and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider the possible consequences of implementing the policy and explain how these consequences shape your position.
The passage asserts that the educational institutions should discourage students from diving into fields of study in which they are unlikely to succeed. However, I tend to take a cautiously negative attitude toward the statement. Although encouraging the students to choose the study fields with certain future has its merits, there are some serious drawbacks if other factors, like interests, are not taken into accounts.
Simply constraining the students to the study fields with ensure future might have some flaws. First, this kind of strategy would limit the students interests and they may not be able to pursue the fields that indeed motivate them. Second, some so-called hot fields might not be popular in the future.
On another hand, dissuaging students from pursuing fields of study in which they are unlikely to succed benefits students in some scenarios. With limited study fields that could be chosen, the students might get their achievement without taking a detour and getting confuse of what they engage in. Besides, this strategy would ensure student with clear future development.
Although limiting study fields may have its benefits, I still contends that the students will have comprehensive understanding and development with various provided study fields. With some additional resources, the policy of education would benefit students a lot. For example, providing variety courses while indicating the state-of-the-art hotest topics would not only guarantee that different types of students would find what benefits them but guiding the students with the area that has more support. On another hand, identifing those ground knowledge that students should know at first and extending those ground knowledge to develop the students own interests would weaken the drawbacks and benefits students.
Despite what kind of study fields should educational institutions should encourage students to pursue and which should be discourage, providing students with varity fields of study overweighs limiting them is clearly established in most cases.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|3 weeks 6 days ago||j-himanshu||70||Read full essay|
|1 month 3 weeks ago||ninaswan||83||Read full essay|
|4 months 2 weeks ago||Gh.Ne||66||Read full essay|
|7 months 3 weeks ago||AnitaM||66||Read full essay|
|8 months 1 week ago||octa_08||58||Read full essay|
|10 months 2 weeks ago||nastaran1992||66||Read full essay|
|1 year 1 day ago||blenksprado||75||Read full essay|
|1 year 1 day ago||blenksprado||66||Read full essay|
|1 year 3 months ago||94d33m||50||Read full essay|
|2 years 1 week ago||ajulyav||50||Read full essay|
- Do you agree or disagree the following statement?One quality that a successful leader must have is to make decision quickly; when a leader takes too much time to make decisions, he will be seen as ineffective to the people he lead. (70)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?One of the best ways that parents can help their teenage children prepare for adult life is to encourage them to take a part-time job.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (60)
- Question-------Summarize the points made in the lecture, being sure to explain how they challenge the specific theories presented in the reading passage.Reading Passage--------------Animal fossils usually provide very little opportunity to study the actua (70)
- The following appeared in a memo from a vice president of Quiot Manufacturing."During the past year, Quiot Manufacturing had 30 percent more on-the-job accidents than at the nearby Panoply Industries plant, where the work shifts are one hour shorter than (50)
- Educational institutions should dissuade students from pursuing fields of study in which they are unlikely to succeed.Write a response in which you discuss your views on the policy and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and su (40)
- Two years ago, radio station WCQP in Rockville decided to increase the number of call-in advice programs that it broadcast; since that time, its share of the radio audience in the Rockville listening area has increased significantly. Given WCQP's recent s (70)
- The following is taken from a memo from the advertising director of the Super Screen Movie Production Company."According to a recent report from our marketing department, during the past year, fewer people attended Super Screen-produced movies than in any (30)
- The best way for a society to prepare its young people for leadership in government, industry, or other fields is by instilling in them a sense of cooperation, not competition.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?Because the world is changing so quickly, people now are less happy or less satisfied with their lives than people were in the pastUse specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (70)
- Summarize the points made in the lecture, being sure to explain how they cast doubt on specific points made in the reading passage.Reading Passage--------------A fossil skeleton of a dinosaur called Sinosauropteryx, preserved in volcanic ash, was discover (60)