The following recommendation appeared in a memo from the mayor of the town of Hopewell."Two years ago, the nearby town of Ocean View built a new municipal golf course and resort hotel. During the past two years, tourism in Ocean View has increased, new bu

The following recommendation appeared in a memo from the mayor of the town of Hopewell.

"Two years ago, the nearby town of Ocean View built a new municipal golf course and resort hotel. During the past two years, tourism in Ocean View has increased, new businesses have opened there, and Ocean View's tax revenues have risen by 30 percent. Therefore, the best way to improve Hopewell's economy—and generate additional tax revenues—is to build a golf course and resort hotel similar to those in Ocean View."

Write a response in which you examine the stated and/or unstated assumptions of the argument. Be sure to explain how the argument depends on these assumptions and what the implications are for the argument if the assumptions prove unwarranted.

The mayor of Hopewell concluded that the best way improve the town’s economy is to build a golf course and resort hotel similar to those in Ocean View. He claimsso because of illogical evidence and vague analogy between Hopewell and Ocean View. Close scrutiny of the evidence reveals that it lends little credible support to the mayor’s assertion.

The very first assumption that is made by author is that the things remain unchanged for two years. It is highly be possible that the cost of constructing golf course and resort was much inexpensive as compared to today. If that would be the case then the mayor might end up in more expenditure and less revenue; thereby threaten the economy.

In addition, the mayor assumed that the increased tourism and new businesses are due to opening a golf course and resort hotel. The statement made by him is a stretch because it is possible Ocean View has also opened some genuine and catchy business policies or ventures or offers because of which revenues have increased. For example, they might have offered full support to the business parties who are interested in opening a college in the town. Therefore, he should explain the proper and rational reasoning for increased revenue.

However, the mayor could have support his argument with proper reasoning to the thirty percent increase in the tax revenue. Moreover, if he would have proven that the population of Ocean View and Honeywell is same and the per-capita income of both the town is same, then it would be lot easier to prove his claim. For instance, if the mayor would construct a golf course and a resort in the town but per-capita income of it’s people is so low that they could not afford to use them.In such situation the economy might even being hurt more seriously.

In conclusion, all the above analysis and evidence shows that the mayor’s argument lacks proper reasoning and raised many questions.Without answering to tehse questions the argument seems to be wishful thinking rather than substantive reasoning.

Sentence: However, the mayor could have support his argument with proper reasoning to the thirty percent increase in the tax revenue.
Description: A verb 'to have', uninflected present tense, infinitive or is not usually followed by a verb, base: uninflected present, imperative or infinitive
Suggestion: Refer to have and support

Sentence: In conclusion, all the above analysis and evidence shows that the mayor's argument lacks proper reasoning and raised many questions.Without answering to tehse questions the argument seems to be wishful thinking rather than substantive reasoning.
Error: tehse Suggestion: ?

----------------

----------------