One month ago all the showerheads on the first five floors of Sunnyside Towers were modified to restrict the water flow to approximately one third of its original flow Although actual readings of water usage before and after the adjustment are not yet ava

"One month ago, all the showerheads on the first five floors of Sunnyside Towers were modified to restrict the water flow to approximately one­-third of its original flow. Although actual readings of water usage before and after the adjustment are not yet available, the change will obviously result in a considerable savings for Sunnyside Corporation, since the corporation must pay for water each month. Except for a few complaints about low water pressure, no problems with showers have been reported since the adjustment. Clearly , restricting water flow throughout all the twenty floors of Sunnyside Towers will increase our
profits further ."

Write a response in which you discuss what questions would need to be answered in order to decide whether the recommendation is likely to have the predicted result. Be sure to explain how the answers to these questions would help to evaluate the recommendation.

The author makes recommendation for modifying showerheads in all the twenty floors of the sunnyside towers to increase the profits of Sunnyside corporation. He provides reasoning in form of reduced flow, few complaints after the adjustment, etc. However, the argument in order to be considered sound has to answer a number of questions.

Firstly, there is the question of whether the given change has actually resulted in reduced water usage just because they restrict water flow. It may be that the flow of the water has reduced to one-third its original, people may be using the showerhead for a longer period of time to get sufficient water for bathing. If people were using it for duration twice of that original time then there would be no projected savings.Furthermore, it is more likely that due to increased usage they are more likely to suffer frequent repairs. This in turn would make conclusion of increased savings ill-founded and the recommendation flawed.

Secondly, there is the question of whether the complaint of low pressure due to adjustment are not substantial. If the first five floors of the Towers are facing the problem of reduced pressure then it is more likely that the problem will be compounded for the higher floors in the Towers. Despite modifications made to last fifteen floors, no water may reach these floors at all due to low water pressure. This may result in significant losses to Sunnyside Corporation with no visible benefit as they have to replace these modifications again.

Finally, there is the question whether the change actually increase the profits of the Sunnyside corporation. It may be possible that there is need for significant initial investment that is needed for modifications to showerheads. These costs can potentially outweigh any gains that may result from reduced water bill payments. There is no specific evidence presented that supports the conclusion of increase profits further.

To sum up, there is need to provide additional information to answer a number of questions for the argument to be sound. Failure to provide answers to these questions may make the recommendation suspect and feeble.

----------------

argument 2 -- not OK. 'no water may reach these floors at all due to low water pressure.'. here 'low water pressure' means the water from the showerheads. It doesn't mean the overall water pressure from the building. It only means there will be more complaints.

----------------