"Over the past two years, the number of shoppers in Central Plaza has been steadily decreasing while the popularity of skateboarding has increased dramatically. Many Central Plaza store owners believe that the decrease in their business is due to the numb

"Over the past two years, the number of shoppers in Central Plaza has been steadily decreasing while the popularity of skateboarding has increased dramatically. Many Central Plaza store owners believe that the decrease in their business is due to the number of skateboard users in the plaza. There has also been a dramatic increase in the amount of litter and vandalism throughout the plaza. Thus, we recommend that the city prohibit skateboarding in Central Plaza. If skateboarding is prohibited here, we predict that business in Central Plaza will return to its previously high levels."

Write a response in which you discuss what questions would need to be answered in order to decide whether the recommendation is likely to have the predicted result. Be sure to explain how the answers to these questions would help to evaluate the recommendation.

The argument that prohibition on skateboarding in Plaza will return Central Plaza’s glorious days is not entirely logically convincing as it overlooks certain crucial points, though the coincidence of increasing skateboarding and declining popularity of Central Plaza apparently reveals so.

Firstly, according to the store-owners of Central Plaza the reason of decreasing business is due to skateboarding. But skateboarding is like a hobby, none can continue it for the whole day and if someone prefers to spend some time in Plaza he will definitely visit the place. So, decreasing business in Central Plaza is not caused by skateboarding only.

Secondly, the argument assumes that reason behind dramatic increase in litter and vandalism is skateboarding. But, it is totally illogical to support it as even without skateboarding Plaza can be littered, the only way to keep plaza clean comes from the cognizance of public to maintain the beauty of the city. Moreover, depredation is a socio-economic problem; even without skateboard it can take place in any part of the city by any means.

Thirdly, the argument addresses that it will help the shop-owners if skateboarding is prohibited in Central Plaza. But banning skateboarding will only make skate-lovers to move another places for skating and it doesn't provide any significance effect to rejuvenate the poor state of business in Plaza.

Thus the argument is not completely cogent. The evidence stated in argument to support the conclusion that prohibition on skateboarding will give oxygen to Plaza-business does little to establish the conclusion as it ignores above mentioned logics. The conclusion can be strengthened if the other effects are eliminated and the Plaza-business is flourished once again.

More content wanted.
For issue essays, around 450 words, for argument essays, around 400 words.