In a study of the reading habits of Waymarsh citizens conducted by the University of Waymarsh, most respondents said they preferred literary classics as reading material. However, a second study conducted by the same researchers found that the type of boo

In a study of the reading habits of Waymarsh citizens conducted by the University of Waymarsh, most respondents said they preferred literary classics as reading material. However, a second study conducted by the same researchers found that the type of book most frequently checked out of each of the public libraries in Waymarsh was the mystery novel. Therefore, it can be concluded that the respondents in the first study had misrepresented their reading preferences.

Write a response in which you examine the stated and/or unstated assumptions of the argument. Be sure to explain how the argument depends on these assumptions and what the implications are for the argument if the assumptions prove unwarranted.

The author of the above passage concludes that residents of Waymarsh falsified their reading habits by stating in first survey that they prefer classics but the most commonly checked out type from library turned out to be mystery novel. It is evident that based on his flawed assumptions the author arrived to unwarranted conclusion. First, he assumes that all residents who participated in a first study use library services. Secondly, the author draws a straight correlation between book preferences and checked out books, assuming that checked out type indicates true preference of citizens. Third...