We can usually learn much more from people whose views we share than from people whose views contradict our own.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position

We can usually learn much more from people whose views we share than from people whose views contradict our own.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.

One piece of eternal wisdom postulates that true is born in debates. Only by disputes people can extract the real meaning of any matter. And it is also according to my mind that we can learn more from people who have an opposite opinion that we are. I believe we can deepen the knowledge of any particular subject when we learn from people who have same views, however, to extend the knowledge and really stretch the horizon it is useful to talk to people with the opposite position. I would like to give several examples that would illustrate that conversing with someone who has different thought train can give us wider perspective on the matter, in the field of politics, science and psychology and someones even to prevent the disaster.

Big bloody conflict is taking place now on the other side of the world in Ukraine. People overthrew the government and ousted legit president who had to flee to another country. Two opposing world powers have vital interests in this region – Russia and USA. Russia has interests there as successor of Soviet Union and USA has interests in Ukraine as a protector of democracy in the entire world. The conflict is complex and multi-faceted, and in case someone takes information just from one side, he will become a subject to biased opinion, but in complex matters all the positions need to be taken into account. In order to truly understand any matter in politics, one needs to hear opposition out and only after that to come up with the balanced view.

In the field of science people also need to know different opinions before coming up with conclusion. Once upon a time, Giordano Bruno claimed that Earth is round and was subjected to fire. Nonetheless, many years later, it was indeed proved that our planet is round and rotates around the Sun. In case catholic priest would take Giordano’s point of view at that time, his life could be saved from horrific death sentence. Another less atrocious example is the view that this world started with a single combustion of matter, with so-called Big Bang. Other scientists disagree claiming that such an orderly world with its own well-tuned laws could not be a result of a blow-up. I am sure, that verity is the somewhere in between.

Nature versus nurture is one of the main questions in psychology. Psychologists argue what has a bigger impact on development of individuals – the environment or DNA. Many scientists agree that only by taking all the opinions and considerations into one account one can come up with presentation of a bigger picture and help to unravel many riddles.

As a result, opposing views are important to listen in any field of knowledge to expect the understanding of the subject. Critical thinking skills help to filter out unnecessary information and make founded cogent conclusions in any subject and field.