Since those issues of Newsbeat magazine that featured political news on their front cover were the poorest-selling issues over the past three years, the publisher of Newsbeat has recommended that the magazine curtail its emphasis on politics to focus more

Since those issues of Newsbeat magazine that featured political news on their front cover were the poorest-selling issues over the past three years, the publisher of Newsbeat has recommended that the magazine curtail its emphasis on politics to focus more exclusively on economics and personal finance. She points to a recent survey of readers of general interest magazines that indicates greater reader interest in economic issues than in political ones. Newsbeat's editor, however, opposes the proposed shift in editorial policy, pointing out that very few magazines offer extensive political coverage anymore. Write a response in which you discuss what questions would need to be answered in order to decide whether the recommendation and the argument on which it is based are reasonable. Be sure to explain how the answers to these questions would help to evaluate the recommendation.

In this argument the author hints to two different ideas about a Newsbeat magazine which has lost its proper number of selling during last three years. In this point he hints to its publisher recommendation about increasing the selling number of magazine by changing its policy of first page cover from political to economical. However, the editor disagrees since there are few magazine offer political coverage. In what follows I will depict both the publisher and the editor have untenable reasons.

First, the publisher recommendation is according to status which is not completely explicable. Actually, she fails to hint the how the survey outcomes were obtained. In fact there is no information to show how the audiences of magazine selected from different class, gender or age . so she cannot accentuate on such survey and recommend that reader’s interests are alters or seem grater in economics than in politics. May be the survey is done only by limited number of people . this may diminish the reliability of the survey.

Furthermore, in this argument we need to know how many magazine are published in this special region. Besides we have to know how many audiences of this magazine are living in this city. Maybe their interest have changed during these years. Maybe other magazines have printed mor attractive pictures than Newsbeat’s cover . So other factors may cause the selling numbers drop.

On the other hand the ,editor statement does not seems wise because there are few magazine with political concentration. If the people in this region are now more housewives relatively to 3 years before, it may culminates in losing the men audiences of magazine. So the city does not need to political magazine, instead the yellow magazine get more attention obviously. We have to know what impacts on losing these audiences.

According to the author compare of ideas of publisher and the editor, both of them has their own reasons but they are not reasonable because there are many unanswered questions which may lead to dubious assumptions. So in order to accept on of their recommendation the author should provide enough evidences and tenable answers to questions adduced above. Or to support the editor disagreement, he should support with reasonable data.

Sentence: Actually, she fails to hint the how the survey outcomes were obtained.
Description: The token the is not usually followed by a WH-adverb
Suggestion: Refer to the and how

Sentence: On the other hand the ,editor statement does not seems wise because there are few magazine with political concentration.
Description: The token the is not usually followed by a comma
Suggestion: Refer to the and ,

Sentence: If the people in this region are now more housewives relatively to 3 years before, it may culminates in losing the men audiences of magazine.
Description: The tag a qualifier, pre is not usually followed by to
Suggestion: Refer to relatively and to
Description: A modal auxillary is not usually followed by a verb, present tense, 3rd person singular
Suggestion: Refer to may and culminates

Sentence: So the city does not need to political magazine, instead the yellow magazine get more attention obviously.
Description: The fragment magazine get more is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace get with verb, present tense, 3rd person singular

Sentence: According to the author compare of ideas of publisher and the editor, both of them has their own reasons but they are not reasonable because there are many unanswered questions which may lead to dubious assumptions.
Description: The fragment author compare of is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace compare with verb, past participle

Sentence: Maybe other magazines have printed mor attractive pictures than Newsbeat's cover .
Error: mor Suggestion: No alternate word

--------------------
argument 1 -- not OK. In GRE, we have to accept all data or evidence are true. It is important to find out loopholes behind surveys or studies. Loopholes mean that we accept all surveys told are true, but there are some conditions applied, for example:

It works for time A (10 years ago), but it doesn't mean it works for time B (nowadays).

It works for location A (a city, community, nation), but it doesn't mean it works for location B (another city, community, nation).

It works for people A (a manager), but it doesn't mean it works for people B (a worker).

It works for event A (one event, project... ), but it doesn't mean it works for event B (another event, project...).

argument 2 -- partly correct

--------------------

read samples:
http://www.testbig.com/essays-list?keys=Newsbeat+&term_node_tid_depth=3

--------------------