Essay topics: Two years ago, radio station WCQP in Rockville decided to increase the number of call-in advice programs that it broadcast; since that time, its share of the radio audience in the Rockville listening area has increased significantly. Given WCQP's recent success with call-in advice programming, and citing a nationwide survey indicating that many radio listeners are quite interested in such programs, the station manager of KICK in Medway recommends that KICK include more call-in advice programs in an attempt to gain a larger audience share in its listening area.
The author of an article argues that radio station wcqp share of radio audience has increased significantly due to introduction of the call-in program two years ago at the radio station. By acknowledging the above data along with citing the nationwide survey indicating that many radio listeners are interested in such call-in programs . The author also adds the recommendation given by station manager of kick in Medway saying that the station should add more call-in programs in trying to gain a large audience share. The author's underlying argument certainly has merits but due to some weak assumptions and vague language the author's argument is unsubstantiated and deeply flawed . here are some flaws stated below.
Firstly, Since the author has not stated that the call-in program was the only program introduced two years ago, the author cannot give the entire credit of the increase in the radio audience to the call-in program. For example, if there were four programs that had started couple of years back. The reason behind the increase in radio audience may have been some other program introduced two years back.
Secondly, the author talks about the nationwide survey conducted and the survey indicating that the radio listeners are interested in the call-in programs. The author here fails to add the number of people involved in the survey . For instance if there are a total of 1 lakh radio listeners nationwide, the number of people participated in the survey were about ten thousand . so this clearly shows that this is not a generalized opinion for the call-in program as the number of radio listeners involved in the survey is just 10% of the total radio listeners nationwide.
Thirdly, the author states that with the help of nationwide survey and the success story of the radio station wcqp , the station manager at kick is saying that the station should add more call-in programs to increase the number of radio listeners . The author has not shown any connection or proof for the above statement . For example, station manager at kick has some different reason to start the call-in program . The reason for the introduction may be to stand in the competition with the radio station wcqp .
Although as written the argument is unconvincing . The author could strengthen his argument by showing the survey statistics , by adding the details of the new programs introduced in the past two years by the radio station wcqp , by showing some data showing the exact reason behind introduction at kick to be the success story of radio station wcqp and the nationwide survey, then the argument's reasoning would have significantly improved . however, without these changes the argument remains weak and the reasoning flawed.
In the conclusion, the author presents a interesting but flawed argument . Had the author cited some important data as supporting evidence along with the additional information mentioned above , the argument would have been persuasive . As it stands however the author's argument is too weak to be true . Hence , I remain unconvinced.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|2 weeks 6 days ago||NobodyUp||58||Read full essay|
|1 month 2 weeks ago||sandeshbhandari2||68||Read full essay|
|1 month 3 weeks ago||kmata2||66||Read full essay|
|2 months 5 days ago||p30kh40||50||Read full essay|
|2 months 1 week ago||Darwin||50||Read full essay|
|3 months 1 week ago||FarzadM||68||Read full essay|
|3 months 1 week ago||timaj||68||Read full essay|
|3 months 4 weeks ago||sujoy||68||Read full essay|
|4 months 13 hours ago||dikshitknl||50||Read full essay|
|4 months 1 week ago||Pankaj Kumar||58||Read full essay|
- The following is a memorandum from the business manager of WLSS television station."Over the past year, our late-night news program has devoted increasingly more time to covering national news and less time to covering weather and local news. During (59)
- The following appeared in a letter from a firm providing investment advice for a client."Most homes in the northeastern United States, where winters are typically cold, have traditionally used oil as their major fuel for heating. Last heating season (48)
- The following appeared in a magazine article on trends and lifestyles:“In general, people are not as concerned as they were a decade ago about regulating their intake of red meat and fatty cheeses. Walk into the Heart’s Delight, a store that started s (45.3333)
- "Americans spend far too much of their time buying and consuming non-essential goods. Studies show that, on average Americans spend over a quarter of their leisure time shopping. As such, it is no secret why America is losing its competitive edge rel (59)
- “When the Apogee Company had all its operation in one location, it was more profitable than it is today. Therefore, the Apogee Company should close down its field offices and conduct all its operations from a single location. Such centralization would i (60)
- “In a recent citywide poll, 15 percent more residents said that they watch television programs about the visual arts than was the case in a poll conducted five years ago. During these past five years, the number of people visiting our city’s art museu (60)
- The following appeared in a letter to the editor of the Balmer Island Gazette."The population on Balmer Island increases to 100,000 during the summer months. To reduce the number of accidents involving mopeds and pedestrians, the town council of Balm (44)
- Two years ago, radio station WCQP in Rockville decided to increase the number of call-in advice programs that it broadcast; since that time, its share of the radio audience in the Rockville listening area has increased significantly. Given WCQP's rec (59)
- Re-elect Adams. and you will be voting for proven leadership in improving the state's economy. Over the past year alone, 70 percent of the state's workers have has increases in their wages, 5000 new jobs have been created, and six corporations h (68)
- Parents, if you need a summer camp for your children look no further than Federville Farms. In a recent survey, Federville Farms ranked first in both overall camper satisfaction and in food quality, and second in the variety of outdoor activities. Federvi (60)