Woven baskets characterized by a particular distinctive pattern have previously been found only in the immediate vicinity of the prehistoric village of Palea and therefore were believed to have been made only by the Palean people. Recently, however, archa

Woven baskets characterized by a particular distinctive pattern have previously been found only in the immediate vicinity of the prehistoric village of Palea and therefore were believed to have been made only by the Palean people. Recently, however, archaeologists discovered such a "Palean" basket in Lithos, an ancient village across the Brim River from Palea. The Brim River is very deep and broad, and so the ancient Paleans could have crossed it only by boat, and no Palean boats have been found. Thus it follows that the so-called Palean baskets were not uniquely Palean.

Words like "believed", "however", "could" in the above argument which makes the argument weak and difficult to comprehend that Palean baskets were unique or not unique to Palean.

First, author didn't detail out what distinctive pattern characterize the woven baskets to the village of Palea and what was the source of the study that revealed this theory. This study could have been done by amateur who may not have visited number of sites and concluded without studying other researches on Palea. Authenticated and authorized source information would have made the argument stronger.

Lithos, where archaeologist discovered "Palean" basket is just across the Brim River. Author provides no evidence that villagers from Palea where not migrated or moved to Lithos. There could have been possibility that Palean women would have married to Lithos male and continued the tradition of weaving the Woven baskets. Also, this basket could have been sold or gifted by Palean in Lithos. Author's failure to mention relation between two tribes of the villages does not justify that basket were made in Lithos village as well.

The Brim River could have been crossed only by boats. Argument doesn't mention if this river had same depth or intensity through out year. During summer or drought this river would have no water and people from "Palean" river would have been able to cross the river. Without geographical details of the village, it is difficult to conclude that The Brim River is always deep and broad, preventing people of Palea to move to Lithos.

Without specifying source of study, tribal details of Palea and Lithos and geographical conditions of the both villages it is difficult to conclude that Woven baskets are not unique to Palean.

More content wanted.
For issue essays, around 450 words, for argument essays, around 400 words.