Analyze argumentOver the past year, our late-night news program has devoted increased time to national news. During this time period, most of the complaints received from viewers were concerned with our station's coverage of weather with our station's cov

Analyze argument
Over the past year, our late-night news program has devoted increased time to national news. During this time period, most of the complaints received from viewers were concerned with our station's coverage of weather with our station's coverage of weather and local news. In addition, local businesses that used to advertise during our late-night news program have just canceled their advertising contracts with us. Therefore, in order to attract more viewers to the program and to avoid losing any further advertising revenues, we should restore the time devoted to weather and locals news to its former level.

At first glance, this note from the person in charge of a T.V. channel business seems coherent. But after much thoughts his assumptions seem to lack strong points. He is highlighting that two of the reasons he is planning on restoring more local news and weather are due to complaints and lost in advertising revenues without giving enough informations to support them. And he should have spend some time comparing late-night news and night new programs on his television station.

Firstly, the manager is confusing the reader by not going more into details regarding the complaints.It seems that people are concerned by the coverage of the local news and weather on the "station"; they are not explicitly concerned by the coverage on the "late-night news program".

Secondly, to assume that advertising company stop their contract on the late-night news program is due to a lack of focus on local news and weather is a pretty bold argument. There is a lot of reasons why they would stop advertising: advertising on another station, runing out of business, downsizing etc...

Finally, people are maybe complaining that there isn't enough local news and weather coverage on other time of the day news program: morning news, noon news, night news. The author should have been more specific when talking about those complaints it would have strongly back up his plans.

To conclude, this memorandum will leave the reader a bit confuse about the lack of specific informations supporting the restoration of local news and weather on the late-night news program. By doing such a change without apprpriately approaching the issue might even lead in loose more viewers and advertising revenues.

Sentence: And he should have spend some time comparing late-night news and night new programs on his television station.
Description: A verb 'to have', uninflected present tense, infinitive or is not usually followed by a verb, base: uninflected present, imperative or infinitive
Suggestion: Refer to have and spend

Sentence: To conclude, this memorandum will leave the reader a bit confuse about the lack of specific informations supporting the restoration of local news and weather on the late-night news program.
Description: The fragment bit confuse about is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace confuse with none.

Sentence: By doing such a change without apprpriately approaching the issue might even lead in loose more viewers and advertising revenues.
Error: apprpriately Suggestion: appropriately