In any field of endeavor, it is impossible to make a significant contribution without first being strongly influenced by past achievements within that field.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement

In any field of endeavor, it is impossible to make a significant contribution without first being strongly influenced by past achievements within that field.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.

The author is very much true in claiming that to give significant achievements in any endeavour we must look at the previous achievements in the field. They act as a guide, trouble-shooter, and a propellant to us which helps us in delivering our best. But we must be careful not to over pressurize ourselves to replicate the same kind of success story in the future. In any endeavour whether business venture, social works, academic excellence etc the past achievement always act as a stimulus for the future actions. When we look at the previous achievements in the work we are invigorated with energy to achieve that sort of achievement. E.g. let’s consider giving gre test. If any of your friend has already given the test and has achieved high scores than definitely you will become much determined in achieving that sort of score. In this way looking at the past achievements always helps in generating determination and energy for an endeavour.

The past achievements act as a benchmark or standard for future works. If we look at them a sort of feeling comes inside us to surpass that benchmark. E.g. Ussain bolt, a Jamaican sprinter. He always looks at his past achievements in the field of race as a benchmark and tries to surpass that benchmark every time he enters the arena. This is the reason why he sets a new record every time he joins a race. This comparison with the past achievements helps us in bringing the best out of us.

We can always look at these previous achievements as guidance for ourselves. If we are struck at any point of our endeavour than looking at these achievements can help us in finding a direction. They are actually a kind of lesson from which we can learn how to fight a problem and get to the solution. E.g. if a company is struggling with low market then they can always look into their past achievements. They can see how they have fought with a similar situation in the past and came out triumphantly. Hence we can always find solutions to our current problems from these achievements of the past.

Although the author is very much true in claiming that past achievements are significant in developing future course of actions, there is also a negative point attached to it. Incessant comparison with the past achievements can cause excessive stress on us to surpass those feats and may get us into depression if we are failed in achieving so. E.g. if parents put much pressure on their broods to replicate the previous achievements in their academic area then it may get their children into depression in failing to achieve that. Hence the past achievements should only be seen as a guidance and propellant but not as a thing for comparison.

The author is very much true in claiming that to give significant achievements in any endeavour we must look at the previous achievements in the field. They act as a guide, trouble-shooter, and a propellant to us which helps us in delivering our best. But we must be careful not to over pressurize ourselves to replicate the same kind of success story in the future.

No. of Words: 535 while No. of Different Words: 204.

Try to remove duplicate words, sentences.