To be an effective leader, a public official must maintain the highest ethical and moral standards.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to addre

Essay topics: To be an effective leader, a public official must maintain the highest ethical and moral standards.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to address the most compelling reasons and/or examples that could be used to challenge your position.

yjc1989's picture

Although the efficiency and strategy to reach a goal are important for being effective, the most crucial element to be an effective leader is to maintain the the highest ethical and moral standards, to be upright, and to sustain integrity. It can't be emphasized more that the moral quality is the most essential part of a great leader.

First, if the public official maintain good ethical standards, he will benefit his people. Since one openly accepted standard is thinking for others, keeping it in mind, the official in the government will deliberate or contemplate every policy, struggle for best solution that will make a compromise which each party can agree it with happiness, and establish the most important infrastructure for the majoity. There will be a desire, a want can't depressed that encourage him to serve the population until the end of his responsbility, as the crucial requirement for an effective leader.

Furthermore, he will not make any wicked attempt to do good to himself rather than the interest for the public. In almost every standard, principle, or even rule, there is a common ethical thoughts that people shall not cheat, as the trustworthy is the most valuable wealth people can have. Therefor, if the official follow principles strictly, he should not deceive his people, leaving things such as embezzlement impossible. Effectiveness will be refulgent without the annoyance for all these evildoing.

In a addition, with the shine of justice, people will willing to follow him, which is the peerless essentiality for an effective leader. The majority will not be followers for celebrities in doubt, especially for morality. In fact, in such a worldly world, a official adhering to highest principles will probably be a maverick, a brilliant star encourage people to follow. Some enthusiasts may even volunteer to advocate for the leader's purpose. All these are dreams for a public figure, as an effective leader.

In the end, there is liitle doubt that a public official attaching the highest ethical and moral standards will be effective. Let's dream for a candidate with such a high morality in his disposition, as a dream for a better sociaty.