Home >> .

To be an effective leader, a public official must maintain the highest ethical and moral standards.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to addre

gaurang.rane's picture

An effective leader must possess various traits namely honesty, integrity, accountability, efficiency, and empathy. The given statement judges leader's effectiveness based on his moral and ethical standards, yet it is only one characteristic of many required to be an eminent demagogue. The leader's efficiency and accountability give effectiveness of the leader.

Firstly, there are numerous examples of leaders who are considered as great leaders who performed inhumanly acts. Cuban President Fidel Castro is touted as one of the greatest leaders of the communist people. Mr. Clinton, Former USA President, who was involved in a sex scandal also considered as effective leader. He very carefully maneuvered the USA economy in the recession. Therefore, the results delivered by the leaders is an important factor for considering their effectiveness.