Home >> .

Claim: In any field—business, politics, education, government—those in power should step down after five years.Reason: The surest path to success for any enterprise is revitalization through new leadership.

gaurang.rane's picture

The leadership must possess accountability, strategic outlook, innovative thinking, problem-solving capability, decision-making capacity, and integrity. Following traits are important for leadership to become successful. The given statement claims that leadership should step-down after five years for revitalization, and it will lead to success. Revitalization is required for innovation and break-through idea generation, but it is one of the factors required for success. While other factors such as problem-solving ability and strategic thinking are important for a sustainable enhancement of institution.

Firstly, success can be achieved if leadership knows problems in the system. For finding root causes of such problems, leaders must have in-depth knowledge of the subject. In such cases, experience of the leadership plays important role. Additionally, leadership must have knowledge of their available resources and team. Teamwork always makes any task easier. For working with team efficiently, leadership must have experience of working with team. It will help leadership to understand weakness and strength of the team. For instance, soldiers who already fought wars have great war-front experience. Those soldiers already know conditions during the war; therefore, it is not surprising for them. Such soldiers always emerge as great military leaders. Hence experience plays important role in the leadership.

Furthermore, some decisions are made for long term. Such strategic decisions are made for trade, for foreign relations, and for economy. These policies varie leadership to leadership. If the leadership is inclined towards capitalism then these decisions are more industry-friendly. But, if the leadership is oriented towards socialism then the decisions are more friendly towards social welfare. Constant policies in the field of trade, foreign relations, and economy are always helpful for development and long term planning for traders and corporates. Due to the above factors, if leadership is performing good then there is no need to change them.

Your rating: None Average: 5 (1 vote)