"The citizens of Forsythe have adopted more healthful lifestyles. Their responses to a recent survey show that in their eating habits they conform more closely to government nutritional recommendations than they did ten years ago. Furthermore, there has b

gaurang.rane's picture

The author claims that the citizens of Forsythe have adopted more healthful lifestyle. While supporting the claim, the author gives various interesting reasoning, but he fails to make cogent case. The argument contains many loopholes which needs to address before making such claim.

Firstly, the author provides data from the survey to support his claim. But, he did not mention about the main objective of that survey. If the objective of the survey is different from studying the lifestyle of the people then it will not provide accurate results. The question not structured properly to get exact information about the lifestyle. Also, the author does not mention about the sample size, the area, and the time at which the survey took place. The given factors also affect the outcome of the survey. More information is needed about the survey to make logical for the reasoning.

Furthermore, the author mentions about the consumption of Kiran which is touted as healthy substance by the author. But supporting his this claim, the author does not provide any additional information about Kiran. There is also possibility that
it can be allergic to some people. The author does not mention about its chemical composition and also its medical properties. Kiran may also have unstated side effects also. Before claiming that Kiran is a healthy food, more information about Kiran is required.

In conclusion, after evaluating the argument from all angles and factors, more information is required to justify the authors claim. Otherwise, it is just a possibliity.

Your rating: None Average: 3 (2 votes)