Claim Many problems of modern society cannot be solved by laws and the legal system Reason Laws cannot change what is in people s hearts or minds Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim and the reason

In every developed country they have their own sound system of laws and legal system. Law systems are primarily designed for regulating the operation of a society, such as enacting policies for public welfares and deciding punishments of commiting crimes. These give a clear guidence to the authourity in how to deal with social situations and demands. However, it is undeniably agreed that law is not always the perfect solution to solve any problems as law cannot change peoples' minds or hearts.

There are many problems that can not be fixed solely by laws. For instace, a youngster involves in the fighting crime may be fined or sentenced by the courts, but this punishments do not really solve the problem hidden behind. The youngster may attack others owing to his violence-prone behaviors which can not be deminished simply by imposing punishments to him. Indeed, mental therapies and moral educations should work more effectively in correcting his wrongdoing actions.

Emotional aruguments are neither solvable by legal regulations. A wife may request for divorce and even sue his husband for his external maritial affairs with other women, but the laws do not cure the feelings nor repair the relationship of this couple.

The laws do solve problems in some certain aspects, such as handling financial disputes. Company with overdue repayments will be sued by the loan providers, which is understandable and not contentious at all. When it comes to tackling with inarguable matters, laws do help greatly in providing a fair yet justice judgement to settle down the affairs. But as a matter of fact, most problems in real life are complicated and consisted of various stances. Laws and legal systems may not be able to solve the issue.

To conclude, law is important for a society to maintain its order, but may not be able to heal the underlying problems hidden by the criminal actions. Educations may play a vital role in instilling the correct moral values to people.